Fórum

Installing liferay database in a non-public schema

Anônimo, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Installing liferay database in a non-public schema

Mensagem: 1
I would like to install liferay tables in an existing database, but separate them by installing it in its own schema. public schema seems to be the default. Can I install liferay tables in a non-public schema and how can I do it?

Thanks in advance.
Ravi Chintakunta, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

RE: Installing liferay database in a non-public schema

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 28/07/08 Postagens Recentes
I am also looking for a similar solution. Is it possible to install liferay database in a non-public schema and how?

Thanks,
Ravi
Ravi Chintakunta, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 28/07/08 Postagens Recentes
I would appreciate if someone can answer if it is possible to install liferay database in a non-public schema or not.

Thanks,
Ravi
thumbnail
Mark Doerr, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 25 Data de Entrada: 14/07/08 Postagens Recentes
Is there anyone at liferay who can say yes or no on this issue? I am wondering the same thing. I will be sharing a PostgreSQL database and would like to have tables in a specific schema and not in the public schema.
Ivano Masiero, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 15 Data de Entrada: 07/07/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi everyone, have you solved the problem?I would need to change the default public schema as well, using PostgreSQL. Thank you in advance.
thumbnail
christophe mourette, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 12 Data de Entrada: 01/02/12 Postagens Recentes
is there someone who can answer where is the parameter for changing liferay database in a non-public schema, in portal-ext.properties ?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
There is not, and it's unsupported.

However, Liferay uses it's own database connection. With many db's that support schemas, you can create the login and indicate what their default schema is.

So you can create your liferay user, assign them a default schema that is not public, and use that login for your Liferay database credentials.

Alternatively, depending upon your jdbc driver, you can sometimes indicate what the default schema/catalog should be, and you can use that in defining the Liferay database credentials.

Default schema is really the only way because Liferay's native SQL, etc., is not prefixed with any sort of catalog/schema information. There would be no way to just add this in w/o affecting a lot of code, a lot of xml files, and a lot of sql...
Vyankatesh Bobade, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 6 Data de Entrada: 30/10/14 Postagens Recentes
Hi David,

I am new to Fiferay and working on PostgreSQL configuration. I want to use different schema for different users.
After going through Fiferay blog's I didn't came across the post which explains how to connect to different schema for different users.

Is there any way/configuration in version 6.2 that different user can connect to different schema in PostgreSQL.

I tried to create different PSQL schemas and assign them a different user. Same user credential are used in 'portal-ext.properties' file. Ever time default table are created in public schema. If I delete a public schema then Liferay server will not start and will give exception.

Thanks in advance!

Venky.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

That is definitely not supported.
Venky B, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 6 Data de Entrada: 30/10/14 Postagens Recentes
Hi David,

Thanks for your reply!

How can I achieve database multi-tenancy(different schemas) with Liferay. Dose any database other then PSQL supports this.

taking one-more chance to get solution from you emoticon

Venky.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Multitenacy is based on the vhosting, so you can separate one company's data from another. But it is not supported to separate one user's data from another user.