Fórum

Social Office as bunch of plugins on top of Liferay Portal

thumbnail
Aritz Galdos, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Social Office as bunch of plugins on top of Liferay Portal

Expert Postagens: 416 Data de Entrada: 15/05/07 Postagens Recentes
Hi people:

We are considering using Liferay Social Office for a new project we will start up.

I deployed versión 1.5b of soin our company and it is being used successfully but since I installed SO, I did not follow SO project too much.

Now, I see there are some plugins, so-theme, so-porltet and so-hook, which I guess they customize a standard Liferay Portal into an Social Office.

In this new project, we would like to have standard features of Liferay + SO. For example, public pages, some communities and so on AND a fully functional SO.

Will so plugins avoid creating new communities, content, pages as in normal Liferay?

Regards!!!

By the way, I am about to try it on LR6.1.0 beta 3. But are so plugins compatible with 6.0 series?
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Social Office as bunch of plugins on top of Liferay Portal

Expert Postagens: 373 Data de Entrada: 27/08/04 Postagens Recentes
Social Office 2.0 will be deployable on top of Liferay Portal 6.1. So yes, you will be able to have SO Sites alongside Liferay Communities (also being renamed to Sites in 6.1) and Organization Sites.

On the downside, we are looking at a mid-December release of Liferay Portal 6.1 and a January release of SO 2.0.
thumbnail
Aritz Galdos, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Social Office as bunch of plugins on top of Liferay Portal

Expert Postagens: 416 Data de Entrada: 15/05/07 Postagens Recentes
Thanks a lot for the quick reply Bryan.

That sounds good.