Fórum

Cast Exception with struts 2 portlet from 5.2.x to 6.0.x

thumbnail
Charalampos Chrysikopoulos, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Cast Exception with struts 2 portlet from 5.2.x to 6.0.x

Junior Member Postagens: 79 Data de Entrada: 09/12/11 Postagens Recentes
I have a strange problem:
in my firm we use to have a port let implemented in life ray 5.2.3 using struts2. This worked well, till we decided to upgrade to liferay 6.0.x EE. We "transfer" the code from the old version to a new 6.0.x life ray portlet and it looked well except one thing. We got the following exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.math.BigInteger cannot be cast to java.lang.String
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.BrowserSnifferImpl.getUserAgent(BrowserSnifferImpl.java:356)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.BrowserSnifferImpl.isMozilla(BrowserSnifferImpl.java:216)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.BrowserSnifferImpl.isFirefox(BrowserSnifferImpl.java:140)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BrowserSnifferUtil.isFirefox(BrowserSnifferUtil.java:60)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipResponse.<init>(GZipResponse.java:57)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter.processFilter(GZipFilter.java:121)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:48)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDoFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:203)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:105)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortalClassLoaderFilter.doFilter(PortalClassLoaderFilter.java:70)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.bean.ClassLoaderBeanHandler.invoke(ClassLoaderBeanHandler.java:54)
at $Proxy390.doFilter(Unknown Source)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:72)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:121)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.etag.ETagFilter.processFilter(ETagFilter.java:55)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDoFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:203)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:105)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortalClassLoaderFilter.doFilter(PortalClassLoaderFilter.java:70)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.bean.ClassLoaderBeanHandler.invoke(ClassLoaderBeanHandler.java:54)

The portal couldn't load the styles, javascripts and images of the portlet, so the port let seems to work but its ugly without its css and images and some functionality is missing because of the missing javascript.
It seems that the exception broke the load of those resources, but I can't find out where the problem is.
We are using Liferay 6.0 EE.

Thank you in advance,
Charalampos Chrysikopoulos
thumbnail

RE: Cast Exception with struts 2 port let from 5.2.x to 6.0.x

An example of the case:
If I try to load only the icon of the portlet by calling

http://localhost:8080/my-portlet/icon.png

i get the same exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.math.BigInteger cannot be cast to java.lang.String
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.BrowserSnifferImpl.getUserAgent(BrowserSnifferImpl.java:356)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.BrowserSnifferImpl.isMozilla(BrowserSnifferImpl.java:216)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.BrowserSnifferImpl.isFirefox(BrowserSnifferImpl.java:140)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BrowserSnifferUtil.isFirefox(BrowserSnifferUtil.java:60)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipResponse.<init>(GZipResponse.java:57)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter.processFilter(GZipFilter.java:121)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor455.invoke(Unknown Source)
thumbnail

RE: Cast Exception with struts 2 portlet from 5.2.x to 6.0.x

I tried to deactivate

#
# If the user can unzip compressed HTTP content, the GZip filter will
# zip up the HTTP content before sending it to the user. This will speed up
# page rendering for users that are on dial up.
#
#com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter=false

but it didn't fix the problem.
thumbnail
Zsolt Balogh, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 463 Data de Entrada: 23/03/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this problem, it helped me with the investigation that you have mentioned that it happens when you are using struts 2.

I have created a ticket, you can track the progress here: LPS-31104

Zsolt
thumbnail
Abhed Dekavadiya, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 74 Data de Entrada: 05/10/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi Zsolt,

I am facing the same error and I am able to get rid of the error after removing below filters and their related filter-mappings from liferay-web.xml (tomcat/webapps/portlet-name/WEB-INF/) after deploying the portlet. But hat's a workaround. The ticket LPS-31104 is closed, could you please let me know the fix for that?

<filter>
		<filter-name>GZip Filter</filter-name>
		<filter-class>com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortalClassLoaderFilter</filter-class>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>filter-class</param-name>
			<param-value>com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter</param-value>
		</init-param>
	</filter>
	<filter>
		<filter-name>GZip Filter - Theme PNG</filter-name>
		<filter-class>com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortalClassLoaderFilter</filter-class>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>filter-class</param-name>
			<param-value>com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter</param-value>
		</init-param>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>url-regex-pattern</param-name>
			<param-value>.+/themes/.*/images/.*\.png</param-value>
		</init-param>
	</filter>

thumbnail
jelmer kuperus, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1191 Data de Entrada: 10/03/10 Postagens Recentes
They reference the commit id in the ticket, so you can see what they changed

https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/commit/262014cd2d2c1da29cb86d6fef246301c6dc2c6f

In this case you could probably create your own class in ext-impl hat extends BrowserSnifferImpl and fixes the problem. You could wire up this class in ext-spring.xml
thumbnail
Abhed Dekavadiya, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 74 Data de Entrada: 05/10/10 Postagens Recentes
Hey Jelmer,

Thanks for your inputs ! I was working on a sample, which is delivered now. I'll look into fixing the issue, if I'll face it again next time emoticon

kind regards,
Abhed Dekavadiya