Fórum

Migrate existing documents from a mapped network drive (Urgent)

Gwowen Fu, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Migrate existing documents from a mapped network drive (Urgent)

Expert Postagens: 315 Data de Entrada: 27/12/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I need to migrate thousands of PDF files from ATG to Liferay. if ATG world, all files are on a mapped network drive and referenced by file path in document gear.

I would like to do the same thing using Document Library API, reference the document by its file path instead of uploading the file.

Is this possible with Document Library API? If not, what else can be used to reference external files. All documents have to be set with categories.

Thanks for any help!
Gwowen
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Migrate existing documents from a mapped network drive (Urgent)

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
You can use WebDAV is you want to use directory path, however, you'll need write to add and retrieve Category.

There's also friendly URL to retrieve documents, but specification changed in 6.1. I think it to be that I can specify filename instead of fileid, but I think I still have to specify group id.

Hi Hitoshi,

Thanks a lot for the reply but I am not sure what WebDAV can do.

Are you saying that I can use WebDAV API to create a Liferay document that maps an existing file without uploading?

And friendly URL API can do the same thing?

Best Regards,
Gwowen
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Migrate existing documents from a mapped network drive (Urgent) (Resposta)

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Well, no. MS Windows's File Explorer supports WebDAV, so I'm able to map Liferay's document library as a network drive and just copy/delete files from Window's File Explorer. Most Linux distributions supports it too.

Wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebDAV

Hi Hitoshi,

I see there is a "Access From Desktop" menu item for "Documents and Media". It opens a "Access From Desktop" dialog with the following text

Access From Desktop
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Files and folders can be managed directly from the file explorer of your desktop
operating system. Before accessing from Windows,
please ens"ure you have installed the patch from Microsoft. Read more.

WebDAV URL: http://localhost:8080/api/secure/webdav/bspn/document_library/Migration%20Test
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have installed the patch and restarted my Windows 7 and I still get the same dialog. Do I have to update portlet-ext.properties to enable WebDAV for Liferay?

Thanks!
Gwowen

Hi Hitoshi,

I tried the WebDAV URL in Windows Explorer, browser opened a page and shows a "Windows Security" dialog asking for User name and Password. I tried my Liferay account and Windows account and both are not working - the page shows "HTTP Status 404 -".

What account should I use?

Thanks!
Gwowen