Fórum

May 2012 Community Leadership Team Meetup

thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

May 2012 Community Leadership Team Meetup

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi all,

It's that time again - time for another leadership meetup! You can review the last meeting's minutes, and think about your availability for this next one. We should have had it in April, but I've unfortunately not had time to plan one due to the busy release season coming up on us (Another Portal 6.1 CE release, Social Office, and Marketplace (woo!!)).

So I propose we have one next month. I've created a Doodle to help us pick a date.

Topic's I'd like to cover in no particular order (please suggest more!)

- Status of open issues from last meeting (most notably, Ideation proposals)
- Review of this team's activity over the last year, what we can do better or change
- Recap of Liferay company activities (release roadmap, policies that affect community, etc)
- Drafting/grooming of new leaders
- Handling of Security-related issues
- User Group conflicts

Please check off the times you are able to meet on the Doodle!
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: May 2012 Community Leadership Team Meetup

Liferay Legend Postagens: 3089 Data de Entrada: 28/10/08 Postagens Recentes
What timezones does the doodle refers to?
thumbnail

Juan Gonzalez P:
What timezones does the doodle refers to?

I answer myself. Timezones can be configured in doodle. If I read more what I am seeing....
thumbnail
Szymon Gołębiewski, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 246 Data de Entrada: 08/06/09 Postagens Recentes
James Falkner:

- Handling of Security-related issues

example: LPE-6499 in Liferay CE and EE
thumbnail
Sampsa Sohlman, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 230 Data de Entrada: 27/09/07 Postagens Recentes
At least critical security bug fixes should be also come to CE.

Community could take some actions from this of back porting these to different LR versions.
thumbnail

I realised I was the "missing" piece for getting a common date-time for the meeting.

I've changed doodle so now everybody can meet up in may 21 th at 22:00 (spanish Time Zone).
thumbnail

Juan Gonzalez P:
I realised I was the "missing" piece for getting a common date-time for the meeting.

I've changed doodle so now everybody can meet up in may 21 th at 22:00 (spanish Time Zone).

Thanks Juan, yes, that time is looking like the winner. I will send one more email reminder and we'll set the final date early next week.

Also, on patches, yes, we (in the community, not the corporate Liferay) will begin doing CE patches as soon as 6.1 CE GA2 is released. There are many fixes and the release is scheduled very soon so we will wait until then to start producing patches. More details to come!
thumbnail

James Falkner:
Juan Gonzalez P:

Thanks Juan, yes, that time is looking like the winner. I will send one more email reminder and we'll set the final date early next week.

Also, on patches, yes, we (in the community, not the corporate Liferay) will begin doing CE patches as soon as 6.1 CE GA2 is released. There are many fixes and the release is scheduled very soon so we will wait until then to start producing patches. More details to come!

Ok, the best time is Monday, May 21 @ 1pm US/Pacific (4pm US/Eastern, 2200 CEST) so we will choose that date. Here is the agenda:

- Review of this team's activity over the last year, what we can do better or change
- Recap of Liferay company activities (release roadmap, policies that affect community, etc)
- Handling of Security-related issues - we are going to institute a new community patch team to most importantly get security issues fixed in CE releases.
- User Group conflicts

Of course we can chat about any other issues that you guys wish to talk about. I will create a google doc as always so that we can follow along and take notes. We will also use skype, I believe I have everyone's contact information, so I will send out a message on skype about an hour before.
thumbnail
Juan Fernández, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1261 Data de Entrada: 02/10/08 Postagens Recentes
James Falkner:

- User Group conflicts

Can you explain a little bit about this? Did I miss anything?
Thanks!
thumbnail

Juan Fernández:
James Falkner:

- User Group conflicts

Can you explain a little bit about this? Did I miss anything?
Thanks!

You don't have this problem at all in the LSUG, but this refers to the conflict of interest in some user groups where there is a business interest placed ahead of the community's interest. We ran out of time to discuss this last time, and have instituted a new policy for new user groups (that they be led by at least one non-Liferay and one non-Partner person). I'd like to see if there's more we need to do here.
thumbnail
Sampsa Sohlman, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 230 Data de Entrada: 27/09/07 Postagens Recentes
James Falkner:
We ran out of time to discuss this last time, and have instituted a new policy for new user groups (that they be led by at least one non-Liferay and one non-Partner person). I'd like to see if there's more we need to do here.

The Liferay providers (partners and non partners) are having fierce competition of projects. I think the providers should be able to lead community, but together with other providers and Liferay users.

"provider" = company who is delivering projects for external clients.
thumbnail
Ryan Terwedo, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 94 Data de Entrada: 31/10/08 Postagens Recentes
James Falkner:

Ok, the best time is Monday, May 21 @ 1pm US/Pacific (4pm US/Eastern, 2200 CEST) so we will choose that date. Here is the agenda:

- Handling of Security-related issues - we are going to institute a new community patch team to most importantly get security issues fixed in CE releases.
- User Group conflicts

Of course we can chat about any other issues that you guys wish to talk about. I will create a google doc as always so that we can follow along and take notes. We will also use skype, I believe I have everyone's contact information, so I will send out a message on skype about an hour before.

James-- At some point can we chat (or direct me) to the accepted way for us to release some of our internal business portlets to the open source community? We aren't talking about something crazy cool, just stuff that connects to a db and displays it in a table with inline editing etc.
thumbnail

Ryan Terwedo:

James-- At some point can we chat (or direct me) to the accepted way for us to release some of our internal business portlets to the open source community? We aren't talking about something crazy cool, just stuff that connects to a db and displays it in a table with inline editing etc.

Yep, will contact you offline.
thumbnail
Ryan Terwedo, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 94 Data de Entrada: 31/10/08 Postagens Recentes
My calendar syncing tool was not working it turned out, and the only other appointment my assistant scheduled this development week was for 1pm PST today.

Suffice it to say, I cannot make it. Any recording of the meeting (like webex or goto meeting) would be awesome. My bad on the dates, sorry.
thumbnail

Ryan Terwedo:
My calendar syncing tool was not working it turned out, and the only other appointment my assistant scheduled this development week was for 1pm PST today.

Suffice it to say, I cannot make it. Any recording of the meeting (like webex or goto meeting) would be awesome. My bad on the dates, sorry.

The minutes and recording [part 1, part deux] are now available. Enjoy. One of the feedback items was that we have these great meetings, but no continuity or discussion *between* meetings (we all just go back to our regular jobs). That's one of the reasons this forum exists, but I need to do a better job of following up here, instead of privately. Thank you all for being a constant in our community!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14913 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Sorry I missed it, was on my honeymoon...

Will have to listen to the recordings...
thumbnail
Tomáš Polešovský, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 676 Data de Entrada: 13/02/09 Postagens Recentes
James, thank you for the recording!

Guys, I'm sorry I didn't manage to be online emoticon The recordings are helpful, I listened till the end (it was very long emoticon ), but it's not like be there with you.

One note: I see many long-term goals that are not watched and so forgot. For example (although Corné has it on his board - +1 for Corné!) I totally forgot to continue our community survey emoticon So private space for tasks/communication/whatever may be helpful. Another topic there could be the user group leaders communications as I also would like to know more from the Spanish user group, if they would like to share ... emoticon On the other hand - to create the space just for the 2 topics is waste of time.

-- tom
thumbnail

Tomáš Polešovský:
James, thank you for the recording!

Guys, I'm sorry I didn't manage to be online emoticon The recordings are helpful, I listened till the end (it was very long emoticon ), but it's not like be there with you.

One note: I see many long-term goals that are not watched and so forgot. For example (although Corné has it on his board - +1 for Corné!) I totally forgot to continue our community survey emoticon So private space for tasks/communication/whatever may be helpful. Another topic there could be the user group leaders communications as I also would like to know more from the Spanish user group, if they would like to share ... emoticon On the other hand - to create the space just for the 2 topics is waste of time.

-- tom

Hey Tomas et al,

Just following up on a few items: University outreach content is underway! We have an intern here helping to put together the package (presentations,swag, curriculums, etc). So work on that has finally begun.

After the meetup, Corne and I bugged Rhys from MyOffice24x7,so he is picking up the survey questions Corne and others developed and putting them online. Once we get them, we can review and publish.

Dave: I owe you an answer on inline editing in Liferay - answer forthcoming, the people that decide those things have been at some boondoggleoffsite this week emoticon

Drew: care to take a stab at a CV program for this summer?