Fórum

Lifeary : Overriding Liferay Startup Events

Kiran Jai, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Lifeary : Overriding Liferay Startup Events

Junior Member Postagens: 38 Data de Entrada: 09/04/12 Postagens Recentes
I have a question with respect to Liferay Startup Events .

In Liferay documentation it is given this below thing :

Startup Events Input a list of comma delimited class names that extend com.liferay.portal.struts.SimpleAction. These classes will run at the specified event.

Could anybody please tell me what is the difference between global.startup.events and application.startup.events and could any body tell me in what case do we need to override them ??

And should both these start up events should extend com.liferay.portal.struts.SimpleAction ?? and i couldn't find anything inside the SimpleAction except this

public abstract class SimpleAction {

public abstract void run(String[] ids) throws ActionException;

}

I also wanted to know this class contains nothing , how does Liferay knows what xml files to read and proceed ??

Thanks .
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Lifeary : Overriding Liferay Startup Events

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
portal.properties has comments that explain the difference between the two startup events.

The abstract class is totally abstract. Your implementation class will provide the contents of the run method.

Yes both types of startup actions should extend SimpleAction.

When Liferay is starting up, it will automatically instantiate and call the run method for classes that you have in the list. It does not do any xml file loading, etc., on your behalf. The only thing you'll know is that Liferay is up and ready.