Fórum

Open in MSOffice - Prompting for credentials

Dave Nicholson-Newton, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Open in MSOffice - Prompting for credentials

New Member Postagens: 16 Data de Entrada: 23/03/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi

Has any one any ideas on this one, we are running Liferay 6.1CE with NTLM authentication - when a logged in user uses the 'Open in MSOffice' option on any document type, word, excel etc.. they are prompted with a username & password box the only way passed the prompt is to type in the users: email address (not username) and their windows password which as you can imagine confusing the hell outta the end users.

Any ideas?

Sometimes when they have authenticated after the prompt they can save back into a Liferay Document store, other times they can only access the document read-only.
Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Open in MSOffice - Prompting for credentials

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Where are you storing your document library files? By default, liferay stores them on server's local file system.
Dave Nicholson-Newton, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 16 Data de Entrada: 23/03/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi We are storing the files flat file - on the server rather than DB

Thanks,
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Sorry, made a mistake on this. It's asking for liferay's credentials. I think it's using WebDav to or a uri link to access the document files. I'm getting the popup dialog too. That's the specification. It's possible to change liferay to use screen name for credential instead of email address. It's also possible to setup SSO (single sign on). We usually implement SSO when installing liferay in production.

I'm not sure if this will be a problem with you, but liferay OOTB only suppports alphanumeric characters in document file names.