Fórum

Liferay North America 2012 Symposium Agenda is set!

thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay North America 2012 Symposium Agenda is set!

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
Hey all - the agenda has been set for this year's Liferay NA Symposium - I'm happy to see that many of our community's paper submissions were accepted! Woo!! I am really looking forward to this one and to meeting many of you in the community that have given so much of your time and energy.

This year, we have a really cool venue (Why Hello, San Francisco!), and a great speaker lineup. It's always great to hear from Liferay leadership on the future of Liferay: Bryan Cheung and Brian Chan's insights into the direction of Liferay will be in the opening and closing keynotes. This year, we also have three of our industry's leaders - Anil Gaur is leading JavaEE futures @ Oracle, and also leads development of Weblogic and GlassFish - which many of you use (and you ALL use JavaEE, right?). Bryan Cantrill's head is in The Cloud @ Joyent, but his feet and hands are firmly planted in advancing open source and some amazing cloud-based technology (yeah, I just made that bit up). And my personal favorite, Jono Bacon, Community Manager for Ubuntu, is a really inspirational speaker and we steal a lot of ideas from him in our community efforts because they are so well thought out and effective emoticon

Beyond that, there are many new things happening this year at and around the Symposium:

- On-site training for Admins and Marketplace Developers
- A mobile app for iOS and Android
- Lots of technical sessions and workshops during the symposium
- Lightning talks! A way to drink from the Liferay firehose emoticon
- A pre-symposium community event (more details on this coming soon) - come hang out with us and get to know the community ahead of the event!

So, if you are reading this and can make it to San Francisco later this year, I would really like to see each and every one of you. This event is for YOU, we don't get rich off of it (seriously), and it's a really great way to maximize your investment in Liferay.