Fórum

How to install a marketplace plugin on Jboss7?

donino donino, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

How to install a marketplace plugin on Jboss7?

Junior Member Postagens: 81 Data de Entrada: 02/07/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I am trying to install the "Private plugin installer" portlet on Liferay 6.1.1.GA2. With tomcat 7 no problem: we can download and then install it, this works like a charm. But with JBoss 7 bundle, when we download it from the marketplace, is is not displaying the "install" option. We can see instead in the browser a ".lpkg" file downloaded, what should we do with it? Is there a way to manually install these .lpkg file in Liferay? Are there specific handlings to install plugins in Jboss 7 Liferay 6.1.1GA2 ?

Thanks
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: How to install a marketplace plugin on Jboss7?

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
donino donino:
Hi,

I am trying to install the "Private plugin installer" portlet on Liferay 6.1.1.GA2. With tomcat 7 no problem: we can download and then install it, this works like a charm. But with JBoss 7 bundle, when we download it from the marketplace, is is not displaying the "install" option. We can see instead in the browser a ".lpkg" file downloaded, what should we do with it? Is there a way to manually install these .lpkg file in Liferay? Are there specific handlings to install plugins in Jboss 7 Liferay 6.1.1GA2 ?

Thanks

I confirmed this bug - and filed LPS-29570.

To workaround this issue, you can copy the downloaded .lpkg file into your Hot Deploy directory. In my test, I copied it to /tmp/jb/liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2/deploy and Liferay picked it up and deployed it successfully (but the "Purchased" screen does not reflect this, as I mentioned in the bug report). Thanks for the report!
thumbnail

RE: How to install a marketplace plugin on Jboss7? (Resposta)

James Falkner:
donino donino:
Hi,

Thanks

I confirmed this bug - and filed LPS-29570.

To workaround this issue, you can copy the downloaded .lpkg file into your Hot Deploy directory. In my test, I copied it to /tmp/jb/liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2/deploy and Liferay picked it up and deployed it successfully (but the "Purchased" screen does not reflect this, as I mentioned in the bug report). Thanks for the report!

Ok my bug got closed emoticon On further inspection, there is a warning at the top that Marketplace cannot automatically deploy apps you have purchased, and you have to follow the steps I outlined above as the workaround.

I do believe JBoss does, as of 7.x, support hot deploy, it's just that we've not yet written the implementation for this app-specific behavior. I'll file an improvement request.
donino donino, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 81 Data de Entrada: 02/07/11 Postagens Recentes
Thanks a lot James, your workaround worked perfectly!
bla bloup, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 31/08/12 Postagens Recentes
you are wonderfull, great help. (was searching for almost a week) Now it works! G
thumbnail

bla bloup:
you are wonderfull, great help. (was searching for almost a week) Now it works! G

BTW, the issue with JBoss 7 and hot deploy has been solved via LPS-29792! This will appear in an upcoming fix for EE, and in 6.2 CE.