Fórum

Why can't i see the 'Private Plugin Installer'

Dong Ling, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Why can't i see the 'Private Plugin Installer'

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 04/09/12 Postagens Recentes
i'm using the liferay-portal-jboss-6.1.1-ce-ga2-20120731***. But when i go to control panel -> Plugin Installation, i can't see the button 'Private Plugin Installer' as mentioned in this linl. http://www.liferay.com/marketplace/-/mp/application/15474932
Do i need to change some setting to see it?
Or this is expected? Really confused why it changes so much than before....

Anyone who knows about this? Thanks in advance for the help~
thumbnail
Sampsa Sohlman, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Why can't i see the 'Private Plugin Installer'

Regular Member Postagens: 230 Data de Entrada: 27/09/07 Postagens Recentes
Hi

You have to choose Store from Control panel and sign in store with your Liferay.com credentials
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
Sampsa Sohlman:
Hi

You have to choose Store from Control panel and sign in store with your Liferay.com credentials

And once signed into Marketplace, you have to download and install the "Private Plugins Installer CE" app. Once it's downloaded and installed, you should see the tab for Plugins Installer.
Dong Ling, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 04/09/12 Postagens Recentes
James Falkner:
Sampsa Sohlman:
Hi

And once signed into Marketplace, you have to download and install the "Private Plugins Installer CE" app. Once it's downloaded and installed, you should see the tab for Plugins Installer.

Hi,
Thanks very much for your feedback. I just installed the App. But still cannot see the button. Do i need to restart my Jboss?
marlon lopez, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 14/09/12 Postagens Recentes
hi,

i've downloaded liferay latest version, used my credential for marketplace requests and bah!
i tried to deploy a custom portlet, but i dont see the button :S

whats wrong??
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

marlon lopez:
hi,

i've downloaded liferay latest version, used my credential for marketplace requests and bah!
i tried to deploy a custom portlet, but i dont see the button :S

whats wrong??

Since JBoss does not support hot deploy (from the perspective of Liferay), you have to manually deploy the .lpkg file that you download from Marketplace. You should have seen the helpful (but easy to miss) note at the top of the Control Panel -> Marketplace -> Purchased screen (see attachment). So, when you click "Download" in Control Panel -> Marketplace ->Store, it will download a .lpkg file to your local system, and then you must manually copy this file into the Liferay "Hot Deploy" directory. In my case, I had to execute this command using my terminal (JBoss was installed into /tmp/jb):

cp ~/Downloads/15474932_15997511_15998278.lpkg /tmp/jb/liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2/deploy
Changhai Wang, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 29/09/12 Postagens Recentes
I Seems like i can find the 'Private Plugin Installer' after copy the file to ~/deploy/ , thanks a lot
mrz khd, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 25/01/14 Postagens Recentes
hi guys,
i've downloaded plugin and successfully install it, but it doesn't appear in control panel,
I'm on "Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.2.0 CE GA1 (Newton / Build 6200 / November 1, 2013)" with tomcat.

and when i try via :control panel->App Manager->install->upload war" and upload file, it show green message that installed successfully but my portlet not show neither in Plugins Configuration or when i want add portlet in Edit Page mode.

may you help me emoticon
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

mrz khd:
hi guys,
i've downloaded plugin and successfully install it, but it doesn't appear in control panel,
I'm on "Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.2.0 CE GA1 (Newton / Build 6200 / November 1, 2013)" with tomcat.

and when i try via :control panel->App Manager->install->upload war" and upload file, it show green message that installed successfully but my portlet not show neither in Plugins Configuration or when i want add portlet in Edit Page mode.

may you help me emoticon

Hey mrz, which portlet did you attempt to install? The green message indicates that the file was uploaded successfully but the actual deployment may have failed - check your log file (if using Tomcat, it will be in tomcat-xx.xx.xx/logs/catalina.out) and see if there are errors during deployment.