Fórum

Portlets / Plugin

Christophe Laumond, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Portlets / Plugin

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 27/11/08 Postagens Recentes
Hello Liferay Community !

First of all, congratulations for this great portal which, from my point of view, is the nicest, the more userfriendly, and the more featured open source portal.
I really like to use it, and even simply to see it

I have a first batch of questions about Portlets / Plugins.
I would like to implement a complex portlet which will need to interact with several portlets bundled with Liferay such Chat, MessageBoard, Email, Wiki, Blog, etc.
In this perspective, I would really appreciate if you could help me to get a better understanding about those portlets.

I have found a PDF stating that:
Liferay Portal comes with over 60 portlets to choose from and a
number of developer tools that allow enterprises to tap into and extend
the potential of our out-of-the-box offering!

1) Are all of those "60 portlets" developed and supported by Liferay Community or are there some third-party ones?

2) For those which are developed and supported by Liferay, is there a feature list for each of them ? is there a wiki page / home page for each of them ? is there a dedicated forum for each of them ?

3) For those which are developer and supported by a third-party, is there a list of links to their respective home page ?

4) Is there some portlets which are integrated together ?
By integrated, I mean portlet which are using features from other portlets ? portlets which have "known" communication between them ?

5) Are they all following the "plugin" concept or are they tight to the core of Liferay ?

6) Is a plugin always a portlet or can it be something else ?

7) are there any guidelines that the "60 portlets" are following ? such MVC or any other patterns / rules / conventions ?

8) is there a documentation about the plugin installer I have seen mentionned in a forum post ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback
Best regards,
Christophe