Fórum

Liferay Training Question

Kyle GW, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Training Question

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 14/09/12 Postagens Recentes
For my job I have to develop in Liferay 5.2.3, however I am new to Liferay development and would really like to attend the training, but my boss says he would only sign off on it if I could find out if it would be beneficial since the training is, no doubt, teaching the latest version 6.

My question is - has so much changed between v5.2.3 and v6 that it would be pointless for me to attend the developer training, or are the basics, fundamentals, and code structure still the same, and developer training would be invaluable to me regardless of which version I am developing for?

Any feedback would be appreciated, especially from developers who have worked in both versions.

Thanks!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay Training Question

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
There are big fundamental changes between Liferay 5 and Liferay 6:

* Liferay 5 used jQuery for all javascript, Liferay 6 uses AUI.
* Liferay 5 had the extension environment, Liferay 6 does not.

That said, many fundamentals are going to be the same. You still use Service Builder for your data access. You still leverage the Portlet API using a framework (Liferay MVC, Spring Portlet MVC, etc.). You still develop (most of) the plugins as separate projects...

In the end the training, even if for the Liferay 6 platform, will provide you with the understanding and fundamentals. You'll be able to use that knowledge, modified to fit the Liferay 5 platform, and will probably help to make you a successful Liferay developer.

Alternatively there were a number of books that covered Liferay 5 development, I believe they were all through Pack't Publishing, and these might be more on point for your target platform.