Fórum

Blog Permissions

Steve Cochran, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Blog Permissions

New Member Postagens: 13 Data de Entrada: 21/08/12 Postagens Recentes
We're using Liferay 6.0 as an internal intranet.

We want to have multiple people be able to collaborate on a blog before it's published, but not looking to use the workflow. So have more than the owner be able to see scheduled blogs and edit them.

I've created a new role, added a user group to it, and given that role all permissions related to blogs (CP -> Roles -> Define Permissions -> Blogs). They are still not seeing the edit buttons for blog posts though. What permissions am I missing?

If it changes anything, the blog posts were created by an admin user, and I can edit blogs (but I'm another admin user).

Thanks
thumbnail
Juhi Kumari, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Blog Permissions

Expert Postagens: 347 Data de Entrada: 12/12/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi Steve,

For the role you have created to edit the blogs entry, define all permission for blog as it is in attachment.
Its working for me.

Regards
Juhi

Unfortunatly, those are the exact settings I have tried.
thumbnail
Juhi Kumari, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 347 Data de Entrada: 12/12/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi,
Just check with the user you want to edit is assigned to that role or not.

Regards
Juhi

I found another interesting detail. The permissions are actually working, ie the user can edit the blog if they go in through the control panel. But for some reason the edit buttons that appear in the blog post for editing are hidden. I tried making them a site admin (same as me, I see the edit buttons) and the same thing was happening.

Anyone seen this or know where the visibility of that element is controlled?

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Cochran:
We're using Liferay 6.0 as an internal intranet.

We want to have multiple people be able to collaborate on a blog before it's published, but not looking to use the workflow. So have more than the owner be able to see scheduled blogs and edit them.

I've created a new role, added a user group to it, and given that role all permissions related to blogs (CP -> Roles -> Define Permissions -> Blogs). They are still not seeing the edit buttons for blog posts though. What permissions am I missing?

If it changes anything, the blog posts were created by an admin user, and I can edit blogs (but I'm another admin user).

Thanks
wayne badcock, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 7 Data de Entrada: 17/11/13 Postagens Recentes
I am finding this exact problem in 6.2 - did you ever get a solution or can anybody else help?

Person has permission to edit the blog - can from the control panel but the edit button is not showing on the page.