Fórum

Setting up Portal Instances in an EC2 instance on Amazon

thumbnail
Ken Vida, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Setting up Portal Instances in an EC2 instance on Amazon

New Member Postagens: 14 Data de Entrada: 14/03/12 Postagens Recentes
Hello,
I have successfully setup a Liferay EE 6.1.2 server on an EC2 instance in the cloud, however we use a number of Portal Instances in our current environment and I am struggling trying to replicate our setup on Amazon.

We use a prefix to get to our individual portal instances in our current environment.

For instance our main site for example will be liferay.com and we have instances setup like dev.liferay.com, stage.liferay.com

Not sure how to do this on Amazon and Linux.

Wondering if we need to setup an elastic IP or alternatively do something with a load balancer.

If anyone has any experience with this, please chime in.

Thanks,
Ken
thumbnail
Srikanth Reddy, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: Setting up Portal Instances in an EC2 instance on Amazon

New Member Postagens: 24 Data de Entrada: 22/10/13 Postagens Recentes
Me Too Facing the same Issue !Any one would like to share their experience?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
This is truly an amazon question. Basically you need to know how to get multiple DNS names to point at your EC2 node; when you get that working, your normal liferay virtual host handling takes over and should just work.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 978 Data de Entrada: 03/01/10 Postagens Recentes
I would put production on its own separate instance. Then after properly set up, you might save an image of it and reuse that for dev and staging. On the staging/dev you could put one apache2 in front with mod_jk, and then multiple Liferay installs listening at port 8009, 8010, etc. If you need SSL for dev and staging, then you might get a wildcard cert, or a multi-domain cert.

Yeah, this is not really an AWS question, more a hosting question that might apply if you were hosting with RackSpace, Digital Ocean, or on your on VPS, or ...