Fórum

Permissions for custom portlets

Alex Rud, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Permissions for custom portlets

New Member Postagens: 17 Data de Entrada: 29/02/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi All,

I am trying to accomplish the following:
Whenever a new user is created they have default custom portlets created on their public and private pages. The users should not be able to configure the portlets.

I did the following:
I have created a Role T that all new users get assigned to, they only get assigned to this role and not User or Power User. The new users also get assigned pages from UserGroup W. I have put one portlet B on the private page of the W user group. Using the configuration page of portlet B I remove all privileges from all roles except View. When the new user gets created they get portlet B on their private page but they can change the look and feel and configure the portlet.

I have tried doing this with not only my custom portlet B but also with Announcements and Calendar portlets. Removing the Configure permission from Announcements does remove the configure control for users of role T, but does not for the Calendar portlet. Can someone explain why permissions work as they should for Announcements but not Calendar or my custom portlet B?

I am using LR 5.2.1+JBoss5 bundle w/ MySQL.

Thanks.