Fórum

Installing portlet has broken control panel

Matt Hunter, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Installing portlet has broken control panel

New Member Postagens: 9 Data de Entrada: 05/02/09 Postagens Recentes
I've just recently started looking at Liferay - and we're expecting to use it to replace our current aging portal.

Yesterday I installed a fresh copy of 5.2. Just to see how hard it would be to move one of our portlets to Liferay, I used the control panel to upload the portlet .war file and install. It reported success, so I went to the Plugins Configuration page to look at it. Now, however, that page (Plugins Configuration) just loads a blank page. I Tomcat's log files, I see:

15:12:22,718 ERROR [PortletContextFactory:86] Portlet RssPortlet_WAR_SRssPortlet has a null portlet bag
15:12:22,720 ERROR [[jsp]:711] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.liferay.portlet.PortletContextFactory._create(PortletContextFactory.java:93)
at com.liferay.portlet.PortletContextFactory.create(PortletContextFactory.java:52)
at com.liferay.portlet.PortletConfigFactory._create(PortletConfigFactory.java:73)
at com.liferay.portlet.PortletConfigFactory.create(PortletConfigFactory.java:46)
at com.liferay.portal.util.PortalImpl.getPortletTitle(PortalImpl.java:1745)
at com.liferay.portal.util.PortalUtil.getPortletTitle(PortalUtil.java:512)
at com.liferay.portal.util.comparator.PortletTitleComparator.compare(PortletTitleComparator.java:64)
at com.liferay.portal.util.comparator.PortletTitleComparator.compare(PortletTitleComparator.java:42)
at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Arrays.java:1284)
at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Arrays.java:1295)
at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Arrays.java:1296)
at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:1223)
at java.util.Collections.sort(Collections.java:159)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.ListUtil.sort(ListUtil.java:185)

While I completely understand that there may be a bug in the portlet that will need mending to make it work with liferay, I don't understand how liferay is allowing one malfunctioning portlet to completely kill the plugin management pages. How do I go about removing it now? Is this - a simple portlet error crashing parts of the portal - a known issue?

Thanks,
Matt