Fórum

Assigning Portal Server permissions to a role

thumbnail
Michael Adamczyk, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Assigning Portal Server permissions to a role

New Member Postagens: 11 Data de Entrada: 16/03/12 Postagens Recentes
I'm using EE 6.1 and in the roles documentation they mention the "Control Panel: server" permissions. But I simply can't find these settings. Am I doing something wrong or is this option not included yet...

I need to create a role with permission to only access the "Server Administration" from the server settings in the control panel.

extract: As of Liferay version 6.1, these permissions fall into seven categories: Portal, Site Content, Site Application, Control Panel: Personal, Control Panel: Site, Control Panel: Portal and Control Panel: Server.

Role Documentation

Thanks in advance!
thumbnail
Raja Seth, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Assigning Portal Server permissions to a role

Regular Member Postagens: 233 Data de Entrada: 18/08/11 Postagens Recentes
Michael Adamczyk:
I'm using EE 6.1 and in the roles documentation they mention the "Control Panel: server" permissions. But I simply can't find these settings. Am I doing something wrong or is this option not included yet...

I need to create a role with permission to only access the "Server Administration" from the server settings in the control panel.

extract: As of Liferay version 6.1, these permissions fall into seven categories: Portal, Site Content, Site Application, Control Panel: Personal, Control Panel: Site, Control Panel: Portal and Control Panel: Server.

Role Documentation

Thanks in advance!

You should have a portal admin role to access server settings in the control panel.
thumbnail

Raja Seth:

You should have a portal admin role to access server settings in the control panel.

Correct, but I don't want to give these users full admin rights. And how would I be able to create a second "admin role" with limited permissions?
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Assigning Portal Server permissions to a role (Resposta)

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1744 Data de Entrada: 06/11/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi Michael,

It's because, the control panel entry class for Server Administration portlet is "OmniadminControlPanelEntry". Check out liferay-portlet.xml for portlet name 137

<control-panel-entry-class>com.liferay.portlet.admin.OmniadminControlPanelEntry</control-panel-entry-class>

Basically Liferay has filtered the permission listing to avoid showing portlets which is having OmniAdminControlPanelEntry. See (edit_role_permissions_navigation.jspf) for following line

else if (portlet.getControlPanelEntryCategory().equals(PortletCategoryKeys.SERVER) &amp;&amp; (role.getType() == RoleConstants.TYPE_REGULAR) &amp;&amp; !Validator.equals(portlet.getControlPanelEntryClass(), OmniadminControlPanelEntry.class.getName())) {
					serverPortlets.add(portlet);
				}

This may because liferay wants only Omni admins to access their administration portlets in server section. What you can do is override the jsp mentioned above using hook and remove the final And condition. This may show up all the portlets in Server section of the control panel in Permissions dropdown.

Regards,
Sandeep
thumbnail

Thanks for the help Sandeep!
Shibu K V, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 7 Data de Entrada: 06/09/13 Postagens Recentes
Hi, I have tried your answer. It allowed to give "Server Administration" access pemission in control panel.
But it is not reflecting for a user who has that role. "Server" section is hidden for that user.

How to make it visible?