Fórum

hide dockbar items

Matt S., modificado 11 Anos atrás.

hide dockbar items

Junior Member Postagens: 36 Data de Entrada: 29/11/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi all,

I want to know if there is a way to hide to my community users some items from dockbar, for example my public pages and my private pages, and let it visible only to admin.

Regards.
Chintan Akhani, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: hide dockbar items

Regular Member Postagens: 111 Data de Entrada: 13/03/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi Matt,

If you do not required users to have their own public and private pages than below are the properties, you have to add into your portal-ext.properties.

layout.user.private.layouts.enabled=false
layout.user.public.layouts.enabled=false

In case you want to just hide links from dockbar for users ( except portal admin), than in that case you can create a hook for 'dockbar' portlet. You can check for omniadmin using PortalUtil.isOmniadmin(userId) method.

Hi Chintan and thank you for reply,

I've created the portal-ext.properties file in tomcat/webapp/ROOT/WE-INF/classes and i've put your line code in, but still don't work. How can I solve this issue?

Regards.
thumbnail
Jitendra Rajput, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 875 Data de Entrada: 07/01/11 Postagens Recentes
See if below link can help you ..!!

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/21404930

Hi Jitendra and thank you, I will try with the hook for the dockbar. I have another question...I solved the problem for deleting public page in portal-ext.properties and now I'm trying to set a default portlet in users private page using the code below without success....

default.user.private.layout.column-1=8

where 8 is the ID of the portlet

Can you help me please?

Regards
Chintan Akhani, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 111 Data de Entrada: 13/03/08 Postagens Recentes
Matt S.:
Hi Jitendra and thank you, I will try with the hook for the dockbar. I have another question...I solved the problem for deleting public page in portal-ext.properties and now I'm trying to set a default portlet in users private page using the code below without success....

default.user.private.layout.column-1=8

where 8 is the ID of the portlet

Can you help me please?

Regards

Hi Matt,

This is the property for list of portlets you want by default on user's private page. Please make sure that you have restarted your server after making changes for 'default.user.private.layout.column-1'. Here '8' is an id of Calendar portlet.