Fórum

Having problems integrating with LDAP

Carleen Dickerson, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Having problems integrating with LDAP

New Member Postagens: 9 Data de Entrada: 12/03/13 Postagens Recentes
Hello all,
I've having problems integrating with LDAP overall. I've tried many configurations and can't seem to get this right. I'm using version 6.1.20 EE on Windows 7.

My problem is that I can't get my users to authenticate. I can successfully import them, but authentication always fails. ONCE I got it working correctly, but then the Test user wouldn't authenticate, *only* the LDAP users. What could I be doing wrong? I've tried combinations of all the settings (setting Password policy, requiring/not requiring LDAP, import on startup, import on login...).

Thanks for any input,
Carleen
thumbnail
Thomas Berg, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Having problems integrating with LDAP

Regular Member Postagens: 131 Data de Entrada: 07/09/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi Carleen,

Have you tried changing the log level to see if theres any useful information there?
Go to Control Panel -> Server Administration -> Log Levels. Search for "ldap" and set the level for any classes you find to DEBUG.

HTH

Thomas
Carleen Dickerson, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

I just changed the debug levels. Unfortunately it only echoes what the ldap settings are, not what was actually passed in or why it didn't authenticate.

Any other ideas??
thumbnail
Rahul Trehan, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 9 Data de Entrada: 17/11/09 Postagens Recentes
Carleen,

What configuration settings are you using. Follow these steps I made it work after struggling it for days.

1. User mapping should be exactly the same that Liferay is expecting.
e.g. ldap.user.mappings.0=screenName=uid\npassword=userPassword\nemailAddress=mail\nfirstName=givenName\nlastName=sn\njobTitle=title
2. ldap auth search settings should be exactly what is set in the Liferay authentication setting.
e.g. if in the control panel the answer to How do users authenticate? is By Screen Name then your ldap.auth.search.filter should be @screen_name
Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Rahul
Carleen Dickerson, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Thank you Rahul - my settings weren't correct. I was searching by uid when I wanted to search by screen name. All is well now.

Carleen