Fórum

Default Portlets and Layout

thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Default Portlets and Layout

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2034 Data de Entrada: 05/03/09 Postagens Recentes
Why not let people do a GUI config on the default public & private User, Org, & Group pages?

How hard would be to create a Default User Public page that the administrator can manage to change/add/remove/reconfigure portlets? Wouldn't this be the most intuititve way to handle it? And why does this require restarting Liferay? And even then, why do I have to de-activate and re-activate my users to have it become visible?

My vision

In the control panel there is a separate section that says "Default Pages" (like Content and Portal)
Under that there are
Public Organization Page
Private Organization Page
Public Community Page
Private Community Page
Public User Page
Private User Page

At the top of each of those is a big check box - PREVENT THIS PAGE FROM BEING CREATED BY DEFAULT
Another check box that says - DELETE ALL EXISTING <<THIS TYPE OF PAGE>> PAGES
Another check box that says - <<THIS TYPE OF PAGE>> CANNOT HAVE PORTLETS ADDED BY ANYONE BUT THE ADMINISTRATOR
Another check box that says - <<THIS TYPE OF PAGE>> SHOULD BE REFRESHED FOR ALL USERS. <-- this should consist of only adding new portlets or removing default portlets.

Once you get past that, you should be able to drag and drop portlets, remove them, set default configs, etc.

Thanks,

Lisa
thumbnail
Sanya Presich, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

RE: Default Portlets and Layout

Junior Member Postagens: 95 Data de Entrada: 05/03/09 Postagens Recentes
Great idea))

Don't anybody know how can I get that functionality now with LR 5.2?
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

I really don't but I've seen this type of set up in the admin interfaces of other portal products. Bascially, it takes the hand hacking of the text config file that only loads on startup out of the equation.

It prevents fat fingering.

It makes a simple intuitive interface that massively lowers the bar for adoption of liferay.
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modificado 14 Anos atrás.