Fórum

Alfresco integration

thumbnail
Jonathan Hayward, modificado 16 Anos atrás.

Alfresco integration

Regular Member Postagens: 209 Data de Entrada: 20/09/07 Postagens Recentes
In our office, we have been having considerable difficulty with Liferay-Alfresco integration. External documentation of integration shows a suite of at least two Alfresco portlets showing up along with the Journal portlet suite under CMS when you add content. When we have been trying to do things, the things we have tried, including the 4.0.0 bundle that was supposed to work out of the box have "Add Content" either not display "Alfresco" under CMS, or display it with only one portlet, "Alfresco Content."

In addition, one programmer I was working with said that when she was trying to get integration working from current sources, there were collisions because more than one version of cjlib.jar was being used.

Has anybody found a way to work past these issues? Can anybody point me to documentation about how it can be done?

Thank you,
Jonathan Hayward
Jonathan's Corner: A Glimpse into Eastern Orthodox Christianity
thumbnail
Björn Ryding, modificado 16 Anos atrás.

RE: Alfresco integration

Liferay Master Postagens: 582 Data de Entrada: 16/05/07 Postagens Recentes
I know that you already are aware of this Wiki article: http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Deploying_2.1WAR_Liferay4.3

However, Liferay's Tomcat 6 bundle and the instructions on that page works for me.
thumbnail

Björn Ryding:
I know that you already are aware of this Wiki article: http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Deploying_2.1WAR_Liferay4.3

However, Liferay's Tomcat 6 bundle and the instructions on that page works for me.

I wrote earlier because the first step, "Create the Alfresco MySQL DB schema in the usual way (see README file in any of the download packages)", remained elusive after a lot of hunting: first the README file was going to tell me how to create the database "in the usual way", then after reading two README's I only had a hint that I should consult "the wiki", and searching the Alfresco wiki for obvious keywords did not seem to be getting me obviously closer to the goal of my quest. I've created an Alfresco user and empty databases, if that's creating the database in the usual way.

I just tried to follow the instructions, building from scratch, and have progressed from no Alfresco portlets showing to one showing. Do I need to be following the instructions labelled "If you're running 4.1.1" (I'm running 4.3.3--does "4.1.1" imply "or later")?

Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

Jonathan Hayward:
I've created an Alfresco user and empty databases, if that's creating the database in the usual way.

They refer to db_setup.sql
create database alfresco;
grant all on alfresco.* to 'alfresco'@'localhost' identified by 'alfresco' with grant option;
grant all on alfresco.* to 'alfresco'@'localhost.localdomain' identified by 'alfresco' with grant option;

I just tried to follow the instructions, building from scratch, and have progressed from no Alfresco portlets showing to one showing. Do I need to be following the instructions labelled "If you're running 4.1.1" (I'm running 4.3.3--does "4.1.1" imply "or later")?

Yes, Liferay 4.3.1.1 and onwards require those additional steps.
thumbnail

I tried making the changes for 4.1.1 to my current copy made without following those instructions; it reverted the content, and Alfresco was not visible.

One correction: I said cjlib.jar; it's CGLib, and we are seeing errors from two different versions being loaded.

Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

Ok, one other thing I wanted to be sure about:

Do I put the WAR in the deploy directory (temp/liferay/com/liferay/portal/deploy in the current Liferay 4.3.3 with Tomcat 6.0 bundle)? If I don't have the path right, where should I be putting the WAR file?

Thank you,
Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

It depends on your OS. Here are two common paths:

Windows XP
Documents and Settings/username/liferay/deploy

Linux
home/username/liferay/deploy
thumbnail

Björn Ryding:
It depends on your OS. Here are two common paths:

Windows XP
Documents and Settings/username/liferay/deploy

Linux
home/username/liferay/deploy

I'm wondering if some of what I have seen is a cue to what is going wrong on my side. I think I've been told to put the WAR in a directory that does not exist in the archive as distributed.

I wasn't trying to give an absolute path, i.e. /home/username/liferay/deploy . My question is something different. I'm running Cygwin under Windows, with an absolute path, from Cygwin's point of view, of /home/jonathan/Liferay/4.3.3, but that's really not where I think the problem is.

I know what directory the root of the Liferay+Tomcat heirarchy is in. I really don't have any confusion there.

Where I am unsure is where, within that heirarchy (let us call its root liferay/), I am supposed to put the WAR file, because although I have been told to put it in liferay/deploy, there is no liferay/deploy to put it in--and I'm hesitant to "just create" the directory because I don't expect Liferay will look in a directory I create.

In the heirarchy (let us say, liferay/), the only directory anywhere named deploy, or with a filename containing "deploy", is liferay/temp/com/liferay/portal/deploy/ (I just double checked this against a download from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/lportal/liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0-4.3.3.zip). That has been my best guess about how to improvise from the instructions to put the war file in liferay/deploy as liferay/deploy does not exist in that download.

Two questions:

1: If I am working from the bundle at http://downloads.sourceforge.net/lportal/liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0-4.3.3.zip, will the directory I should be putting the WAR file be created for me, or do I need to create it myself?

2: What is the exact relative path, if the root of the heirarchy is liferay/? (I'm really hoping you'll say something other than liferay/deploy, unless Liferay will start looking there once I create it.)

Thank you,
Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

P.S. I just checked against the Liferay 4.3.3 + Tomcat 5.5 for JDK 5.0.

The only directory inside the tree that had "deploy" in its filename was the one deeply nested under "liferay/temp".

Am I missing something with what to do when I am told to put alfresco.war in "liferay/deploy"?

Thanks,
Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

When you start Liferay a directory called Liferay is created in your users home directory. This directory have the following folders; deploy, ehcache, jackrabbit and lucene.
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, modificado 16 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 373 Data de Entrada: 27/08/04 Postagens Recentes
Anyone mind if I move this thread to the Alfresco sub-category?
thumbnail

Bryan Cheung:

That would be great.

I've got the Alfresco WAR file in that directory now, but when I run Liferay, I don't see an Alfresco subcategory under CMS. Is there a list of usual suspects for what I might be missing if Alfresco isn't showing up?

Thank you,
Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

I don't see an Alfresco subcategory under CMS

If you use Kevin's liferay-display.xml you will get a new separate category called Alfresco.
thumbnail

Björn Ryding:
I don't see an Alfresco subcategory under CMS

If you use Kevin's liferay-display.xml you will get a new separate category called Alfresco.

Not being sure where exactly to find that, I looked and found a liferay-display.xml that said:

<!--?xml version="1.0"?-->

<display>
        <category name="category.alfresco">
                <portlet id="AlfrescoClient" />
                <portlet id="AlfrescoMyTasks" />
                <portlet id="AlfrescoDocList" />
                <portlet id="AlfrescoMySpaces" />
                <portlet id="AlfrescoMyWebForms" />
                <portlet id="AlfrescoMyWebFiles" />
        </category>
</display>

I added the category tag, with contents, to all files named liferay-display.xml; in the one under ROOT/WEB-INF, I put it immediately above the one for Journal.

I still haven't seen it show up upon restarting the server.

Is this the kind of change I'm supposed to be making, or should I be doing something else?

Thank you,
Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

P.S.

Although there is still not an Alfresco section under CMS, there is now an "Undefined" section, which includes one portlet, "alfresco".

When I add this portlet, it has a title of "alfresco", and contains one link, labelled "Open".

If I click on that link, the portlet loads what looks like an IFrame for a 404 on "/alfresco/".

Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

P.P.S. I looked through the logs, and I didn't find much of any errors--just INFO messages saying that steps of the start-up process had occurred, etc.

Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

Jonathan Hayward:
Is this the kind of change I'm supposed to be making, or should I be doing something else?

You should not manually change anything. I just wanted to point out that the liferay-display.xml found in the archive, http://www.kevs3d.co.uk/dev/liferay43files.zip, will create a top-category called Alfresco and not a sub-category under CMS.

Have you checked your logs?
thumbnail

Björn Ryding:
Jonathan Hayward:

You should not manually change anything. I just wanted to point out that the liferay-display.xml found in the archive, http://www.kevs3d.co.uk/dev/liferay43files.zip, will create a top-category called Alfresco and not a sub-category under CMS.

Where can I put it? (If it's something I should be using to get the Alfresco categories to show up somewhere.)

Björn Ryding:

I've been checking my logs, but not finding anything that looks like a relevant error. catalina.2007-10-06.log has nothing but INFO statements, like the localhost log. The admin, host-manager, and manager logs are empty, and lportal.log only has logged SQL statements. I couldn't find anything that looked like errors in the top-level logs directory; should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks,
Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

Jonathan Hayward:
Björn Ryding:
Jonathan Hayward:

Where can I put it? (If it's something I should be using to get the Alfresco categories to show up somewhere.)

You should put it in WEB-INF together with the rest of the config files.

Jonathan Hayward:

Björn Ryding:

I've been checking my logs, but not finding anything that looks like a relevant error. catalina.2007-10-06.log has nothing but INFO statements, like the localhost log. The admin, host-manager, and manager logs are empty, and lportal.log only has logged SQL statements. I couldn't find anything that looked like errors in the top-level logs directory; should I be looking elsewhere?

Have a look at alfresco.log in /bin.
thumbnail

Björn Ryding:
Jonathan Hayward:
Björn Ryding:
Jonathan Hayward:

You should put it in WEB-INF together with the rest of the config files.

Which WEB-INF? I'm assuming you're referring to WEB-INF in the Alfresco rebuilt WAR.

Björn Ryding:

Jonathan Hayward:

Björn Ryding:

Have a look at alfresco.log in /bin.

bin/alfresco.log was empty; does this mean that Alfresco hasn't properly been accessed from within Liferay?

Thank you,
Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

P.S. I also tried downloading the two available portlet bundles that had "Alfresco" in their names, from within Liferay's GUI.

I was able to get the IFrame-type portlet that tried to load 127.0.0.1:8080/alfresco, and I was able to get the Alfresco content-portlet, which without other portlets that could add content, simply let me choose from an empty list.

But installing the portlets didn't seem to do more than this. Should I have been able to do more?

I'm wondering if I should clear away the current installation and start from fresh bundles, in case I've corrupted something.

Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

Jonathan Hayward:
I was able to get the Alfresco content-portlet, which without other portlets that could add content, simply let me choose from an empty list.

But installing the portlets didn't seem to do more than this. Should I have been able to do more?

The content portlet is a simple portlet that retrieves a content item from the repository using Alfresco's web services. It may not sound as much, but the portlet can be quite a powerful tool if you use Alfresco as a XML store for your articles. If you do not have an Alfresco server up and running, it doesn't do much.

Jonathan Hayward:
I'm wondering if I should clear away the current installation and start from fresh bundles, in case I've corrupted something.

Yes, start from scratch with fresh bundles if possible.
thumbnail

Jonathan Hayward:
Which WEB-INF? I'm assuming you're referring to WEB-INF in the Alfresco rebuilt WAR.

Yes, I'm referring to WEB-INF in alfresco.war

Jonathan Hayward:
bin/alfresco.log was empty

Try deploying Alfresco the traditional way in webapps and then when your Alfresco is working retry to deploy Alfresco as a plugin. This approach simplifies troubleshooting.
thumbnail

Ok. I'm trying to take a step through and log what I am doing. I am not logging the instructions I've followed to get a modified alfresco.war that is supposed to work with MS SQL Server; I'm starting with that bundle as is. (My secret hope would be that whatever I'm doing wrong would be exposed by this log, and Björn or someone would see either what mistake I've made, or what I've left out, or what problem I've uncovered in the system.

• Shut down Liferay.
  • Log in to MS SQL Server Management Studio; delete and re-create database alfresco with owner alfresco.
  • Move the Liferay directory to another location, and download and extract http://downloads.sourceforge.net/lportal/liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0-4.3.4.zip in a newly created directory (in the same location).
  • Copy the modified alfresco.war to my liferay/deploy directory.
  • Start Liferay (go to bin and run "startup.sh -b 0.0.0.0").
  • Go to http://127.0.0.1:8080/ , log in as test@liferay.com/test, and go to "Add Content." Nothing from Alfresco shows up yet. (I am assuming that the alpabetisation of categories, and the flattening of CMS, is a new 4.3.4 feature.)
  • Clean out default installed portlets from homepage.
  • Add Admin portlet. Click Plugins. Go back and do the same thing twice, before seeing that the Plugins area is empty.
  • Shut down Liferay.
  • Unzip liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0-4.3.3.zip from archive.
  • Delete and re-create alfresco, owner by alfresco.
  • Copy the (same) modified alfresco.war to my liferay/deploy directory.
  • Start Liferay the same way.
  • Log in as before, clean up a bit, and add Admin portlet. Nothing from Alfresco shows up yet.
  • Go to plugins tab. This gets an empty portet detail page, too.

Could I have a bad alfresco.war? Could someone post a "default customization" alfresco.war that should work out of the box with MySQL or (if possible) MSSQL?

I've attached the alfresco.war I've been using.

Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

Try deploying Alfresco as a standard webapp. As I mentioned in an earlier post, it simplifies troubleshooting.
thumbnail

I have a downloaded trial edition installed; how can I have that edition (is there another I should install) and Liferay running on different ports? I've tried a couple of things to reassign Liferay's ports (such as change Tomcat's server.xml), but no success as yet. What is the reccommended way of running Alfresco and Liferay without having both trying to listen on the same port?

Thanks,
Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

My recommendation is to deploy alfresco.war in /webapps as an ordinary war. If it deploys ok, you can find Alfresco at localhost:8080/alfresco. If it does not deploy ok, the logs should tell you what's wrong.

When you have Alfresco working as a standard webapp in your web container, the next step is to make the necessary changes to deploy Alfresco as a plugin.
thumbnail

Ok. I looked in the logs and debugged a couple of problems; I got the error for which the Alfresco wiki reccommends installing the commons logging jars:

http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Deploying_2.1WAR_Liferay4.3:
Alfresco won't start

The catalina log shows:

18-Sep-2007 09:18:13 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
18-Sep-2007 09:18:13 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/alfresco] startup failed due to previous errors

and the localhost log shows:

Sep 18, 2007 9:18:13 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of
class com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletContextListener
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
at com.liferay.util.bridges.wai.WAIPortlet.<clinit>(WAIPortlet.java:195)

* Download the Apache Commons Logging from http://commons.apache.org/downloads/download_logging.cgi

However, now I can run Tomcat with Alfresco as a webapp, get no errors logged, and still get a Tomcat 404 when I try to access it. The logs have what looks like purely benign INFO level logging:

Catalina's log for the session:

21:41:57,246 INFO  [PluginPackageHotDeployListener:71] Reading plugin package for the root context
21:41:57,621 INFO  [HotDeployUtil:76] Initializing hot deploy manager 15758874
21:41:57,700 INFO  [ServerDetector:76] Detected server tomcat
21:41:57,919 INFO  [AutoDeployDir:76] Auto deploy scanner started for C:\Documents and Settings\jhayward\liferay\deploy
21:41:58,294 INFO  [CustomSQLUtil:110] Database name HSQL Database Engine
Loading jar:file:/C:/cygwin/home/jonathan/Liferay/4.3.3/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/portal.properties for {companyId=1, webId=liferay.com}
Loading file:/C:/cygwin/home/jonathan/Liferay/4.3.3/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/portal-ext.properties for {companyId=1, webId=liferay.com}
Nov 6, 2007 9:41:58 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive alfresco.war
21:41:59,014 INFO  [PluginPackageHotDeployListener:74] Reading plugin package for liferay-noir-theme
21:41:59,123 INFO  [PluginPackageHotDeployListener:187] Plugin package liferay/liferay-noir-theme/4.3.3.1/war registered successfully
21:41:59,123 INFO  [ThemeHotDeployListener:77] Registering themes for liferay-noir-theme
21:41:59,123 INFO  [ThemeHotDeployListener:89] Themes for liferay-noir-theme registered successfully
Nov 6, 2007 9:41:59 PM org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm setUseContextClassLoader
INFO: Setting useContextClassLoader = false
Nov 6, 2007 9:42:01 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Nov 6, 2007 9:42:01 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
Nov 6, 2007 9:42:01 PM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/31  config=null
Nov 6, 2007 9:42:01 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 13702 ms

The localhost log for the session:
Nov 6, 2007 9:41:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
Nov 6, 2007 9:42:00 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Initializing Spring FrameworkServlet 'SpringServlet'

My debugging has gotten the error messages to go away, but I'm still getting a 404 from Tomcat when I try to access http://127.0.0.1:8080/alfresco/. Are there other places I can look for errors?

Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

Revisit alfresco.log
thumbnail

Björn Ryding:
Revisit alfresco.log

I went through and searched, and found no alfresco.log within my Liferay installation directory. Where is it supposed to be?

Thanks,
Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

/bin
thumbnail

Björn Ryding:
/bin

I went through and double-checked (I had searched directories including /bin earlier); I have alfresco.log files in some other installations (in /bin) but not the current installation after making adjustments from the logs, including adding commons logging files as mentioned earlier.

What should I be doing to troubleshoot Alfresco's (not) logging?

Thanks,
Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

Can you attach your Tomcat log from tomcat/logs/?
thumbnail

Björn Ryding:
Can you attach your Tomcat log from tomcat/logs/?

I've attached a zip of logs/ ; there were points where I renamed the log files, always to the original filename plus an extension (.1, .2, or .3) so that I would only get new data in the original filename.

Thanks,
Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

The logs for today did not include much.

Can you take a fresh Liferay Tomcat bundle and redeploy Alfresco in webapps and send me the log?
thumbnail

Björn Ryding:
The logs for today did not include much.

Can you take a fresh Liferay Tomcat bundle and redeploy Alfresco in webapps and send me the log?

What I did for this (logs attached) was:

• Unpack a fresh Liferay 4.3.4-Tomcat 6.0 bundle.
  • Deploy the modified alfresco.war in both webapps and liferay/deploy.
  • Start Liferay.
  • Visit http://127.0.0.1:8080/alfresco/ (404).
  • Visit http://127.0.0.1:8080/, log in as the administrator, and go to Add Content look for Alfresco portlets (none listed).
  • Stop Liferay.
  • Zip up, in the attached zip, all files named *.log in the Liferay-Tomcat heirarchy.

I'm wondering if I should be rebuilding the Alfresco WAR from scratch?

Thanks,
Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

Here are the log files for everything listed above but deploying to liferay/deploy, after re-assembling the alfresco.war.

Is Tomcat or Liferay simply not recognizing Alfresco?

Thanks,
Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

Jonathan Hayward:
  • Unpack a fresh Liferay 4.3.4-Tomcat 6.0 bundle.
  • Deploy the modified alfresco.war in both webapps and liferay/deploy.
  • Start Liferay.
  • Visit http://127.0.0.1:8080/alfresco/ (404).
  • Visit http://127.0.0.1:8080/, log in as the administrator, and go to Add Content look for Alfresco portlets (none listed).
  • Stop Liferay.
  • Zip up, in the attached zip, all files named *.log in the Liferay-Tomcat heirarchy.

I'm wondering if I should be rebuilding the Alfresco WAR from scratch?

Start with deploying your alfresco.war in webapps only.
thumbnail

Björn Ryding:
Start with deploying your alfresco.war in webapps only.

OK; the logs from my previous post are from deploying in webapps only, not liferay/deploy.

Thanks,
Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

P.S. I left out catalina.out, which claimed to deploy alfresco.war:

Nov 7, 2007 5:07:53 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_12\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin;C:\cygwin\bin;C:\cygwin\bin;C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin;c:\oracle\produ
ct\10.2.0\db_1\bin;c:\CFusionMX7\verity\k2\_nti40\bin;c:\WINDOWS\system32;c:\WINDOWS;c:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;c:\Program Files\Common Files\GTK\2.0\bin;c:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;c:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\AGL;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;c:\Program Files\Mi
crosoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;c:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper\;C:\cygwin\lib\lapack
Nov 7, 2007 5:07:53 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Nov 7, 2007 5:07:53 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 486 ms
Nov 7, 2007 5:07:53 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina
Nov 7, 2007 5:07:53 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.13
Nov 7, 2007 5:07:53 PM org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm setUseContextClassLoader
Loading jar:file:/C:/cygwin/home/jonathan/liferay-archive/4.3.4/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/system.properties
Loading jar:file:/C:/cygwin/home/jonathan/liferay-archive/4.3.4/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/portal.properties
Loading file:/C:/cygwin/home/jonathan/liferay-archive/4.3.4/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/portal-ext.properties
Starting Liferay Enterprise Portal 4.3.4 (Owen / Build 4304 / November 5, 2007)
17:07:59,883 INFO  [DynamicDialect:79] Determining dialect for HSQL Database Engine 1
17:07:59,883 WARN  [DynamicDialect:85] Liferay is configured to use Hypersonic as its database. Do NOT use Hypersonic in production. Hypersonic is an embedded database useful for development and demo'ing purposes.
17:07:59,883 INFO  [DynamicDialect:102] Using dialect org.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect
17:08:02,039 INFO  [StartupAction:204] Running verification com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyProcessSuite
17:08:02,039 INFO  [VerifyProcessSuite:37] Verifying integrity
17:08:02,039 INFO  [VerifyBlogs:42] Verifying integrity
17:08:02,086 INFO  [CustomSQLUtil:110] Database name HSQL Database Engine
17:08:02,117 INFO  [PortalUtil:1927] Portal lib url file:/C:/cygwin/home/jonathan/liferay-archive/4.3.4/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/com/liferay/portal/util/PortalUtil.class
17:08:02,117 INFO  [PortalUtil:1952] Portal lib directory C:/cygwin/home/jonathan/liferay-archive/4.3.4/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/
17:08:02,289 INFO  [VerifyBookmarks:42] Verifying integrity
17:08:02,304 INFO  [VerifyDocumentLibrary:42] Verifying integrity
17:08:02,351 INFO  [VerifyImageGallery:42] Verifying integrity
17:08:02,835 INFO  [VerifyJournal:49] Verifying integrity
17:08:06,725 INFO  [StartupAction:211] Finished verification com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyProcessSuite
17:08:06,866 INFO  [PluginPackageHotDeployListener:71] Reading plugin package for the root context
17:08:07,069 INFO  [HotDeployUtil:76] Initializing hot deploy manager 8669704
17:08:07,162 INFO  [ServerDetector:76] Detected server tomcat
17:08:07,381 INFO  [AutoDeployDir:76] Auto deploy scanner started for C:\Documents and Settings\jhayward\liferay\deploy
Loading jar:file:/C:/cygwin/home/jonathan/liferay-archive/4.3.4/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/portal.properties for {companyId=1, webId=liferay.com}
Loading file:/C:/cygwin/home/jonathan/liferay-archive/4.3.4/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/portal-ext.properties for {companyId=1, webId=liferay.com}
Nov 7, 2007 5:08:08 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive alfresco.war
17:08:25,549 INFO  [PluginPackageHotDeployListener:74] Reading plugin package for liferay-noir-theme
17:08:25,767 INFO  [PluginPackageHotDeployListener:187] Plugin package liferay/liferay-noir-theme/4.3.4.1/war registered successfully
17:08:25,767 INFO  [ThemeHotDeployListener:77] Registering themes for liferay-noir-theme
17:08:25,767 INFO  [ThemeHotDeployListener:89] Themes for liferay-noir-theme registered successfully
Nov 7, 2007 5:08:25 PM org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm setUseContextClassLoader
Nov 7, 2007 5:08:28 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Nov 7, 2007 5:08:28 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
Nov 7, 2007 5:08:28 PM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/32  config=null
Nov 7, 2007 5:08:28 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 35012 ms
Nov 7, 2007 5:08:57 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol pause
INFO: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Nov 7, 2007 5:08:58 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stop
INFO: Stopping service Catalina
17:08:58,931 INFO  [PluginPackageHotDeployListener:74] Reading plugin package for liferay-noir-theme
17:08:58,931 INFO  [PluginPackageHotDeployListener:221] Plugin package liferay/liferay-noir-theme/4.3.4.1/war unregistered successfully
17:08:58,931 INFO  [ThemeHotDeployListener:116] Unregistering themes for liferay-noir-theme
17:08:58,947 INFO  [ThemeHotDeployListener:152] Themes for liferay-noir-theme unregistered successfully
Nov 7, 2007 5:09:00 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol destroy
INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Failed to shut down: java.lang.NullPointerException

Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

Can you drop in an unmodified alfresco.war?
thumbnail

Björn Ryding:
Can you drop in an unmodified alfresco.war?

Yes. I got the same browser behavior (Tomcat's 404), but generated alfresco.log. (Log files attached.)

Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

I'm putting this "branch" on hold on this end; one of my co-workers got Alfresco working as a webapp under a JBoss+Tomcat Liferay bundle.

Thanks for so much help; I really wish I could post a note and say "I found out X and did Y, and now it's working."

Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

Jonathan Hayward:
Yes. I got the same browser behavior (Tomcat's 404), but generated alfresco.log. (Log files attached.)

It could not find mysql.jar
thumbnail

Björn Ryding:
Jonathan Hayward:

It could not find mysql.jar

Thanks for the followup.

Jonathan Hayward
Biljana Tosic, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 01/03/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi!

I have installed Alfreco 3.4 (MySql database) and Liferay 6.0.5 (Oracle database). Is there any chance that I can use one Tomcat to run both applications? How can I do that?
thumbnail

I thought (briefly) that I had things taken care of. I wrote what I hoped would be a breadcrumb note:

I now think I have both Liferay and Alfresco running; I had some difficulties with "just" changing conf/server.xml to tell Liferay's Tomcat to listen on another port, and a web search suggested that port 8080 is hardcoded in a lot of places within Liferay code. I went to Alfresco's tomcat/conf/server.xml and changed <Connector port="8080" ...> to <Connector port="8000" ...>.

But when I went to confirm things before posting, I found two things:

• I have succeeded in getting Liferay+Tomcat on port 8080 and Alfresco+Tomcat on port 8000.
  • When I restart Liferay, Alfresco stops listening on 8000, and when I restart Alfresco, Liferay stops listening on port 8080.

Am I using a different Alfresco distribution for what is reccommended? Do you have a distribution that you'd encourage me to use?

Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

Use one Tomcat listening on one port.
thumbnail

Ok. I'm trying to take a step through and log what I am doing. I am not logging the instructions I've followed to get a modified alfresco.war that is supposed to work with MS SQL Server; I'm starting with that bundle as is. (My secret hope would be that whatever I'm doing wrong would be exposed by this log, and Björn or someone would see either what mistake I've made, or what I've left out, or what problem I've uncovered in the system.

• Shut down Liferay.
  • Log in to MS SQL Server Management Studio; delete and re-create database alfresco with owner alfresco.
  • Move the Liferay directory to another location, and download and extract http://downloads.sourceforge.net/lportal/liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0-4.3.4.zip in a newly created directory (in the same location).
  • Copy the modified alfresco.war to my liferay/deploy directory.
  • Start Liferay (go to bin and run "startup.sh -b 0.0.0.0").
  • Go to http://127.0.0.1:8080/ , log in as test@liferay.com/test, and go to "Add Content." Nothing from Alfresco shows up yet. (I am assuming that the alpabetisation of categories, and the flattening of CMS, is a new 4.3.4 feature.)
  • Clean out default installed portlets from homepage.
  • Add Admin portlet. Click Plugins. Go back and do the same thing twice, before seeing that the Plugins area is empty.
  • Shut down Liferay.
  • Unzip liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0-4.3.3.zip from archive.
  • Delete and re-create alfresco, owner by alfresco.
  • Copy the (same) modified alfresco.war to my liferay/deploy directory.
  • Start Liferay the same way.
  • Log in as before, clean up a bit, and add Admin portlet. Nothing from Alfresco shows up yet.
  • Go to plugins tab. This gets an empty portet detail page, too.

Could I have a bad alfresco.war? Could someone post a "default customization" alfresco.war that should work out of the box with MySQL or (if possible) MSSQL?

I'll try to attach the alfresco.war I've been using in a followup; it was taking a long time to upload. If the immediate followup doesn't show up, contact me and I'll send it to you.

Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

Here is the file I was trying to attach earlier (a rebuilt alfresco.war designed to work with MS SQL Server).

Jonathan Hayward
thumbnail

Jonathan Hayward:
Bryan Cheung:

That would be great.

I agree, this thread should definitely be in Categories » Liferay » Third Party Application Integration » Alfresco ECM