Fórum

Images not showing on public view (SOLVED)

gordon daniels, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Images not showing on public view (SOLVED)

Liferay Master Postagens: 797 Data de Entrada: 24/08/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi, I posted this problem many months ago and never had a response, so I thought I would try one more time.

I am using 6.1.1GA2. I have a lot of images on pages in portal. Some show up on public view but some do not. I have checked permissions of page --> Guest/view and everything appears to be okay, but they don't show up. I have tried deleting the images and re-inserting them but they still don't show up.

On the same page, an image will show up but others don't. They all show up when I am logged in. This is why I believe it to be a permissions issue. But I have not found the cause.

I was hoping someone else may have encountered something like this and fixed it. Or, if someone could suggest things to try. I am at my wits end here. I have way too many pages to start over. Please, a little help :-)

thanks
gordon daniels, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

RE: Images not showing on public view (SOLVED)

Liferay Master Postagens: 797 Data de Entrada: 24/08/08 Postagens Recentes
I went into documents and media repository and unchecked 'add discussion' on the guest permissions for all pictures. Then saved. Now all the pics show up. I don't know if this is a bug or the act of re-saving images fixed the problem. But at least now they work.
Cyber Katze, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
There's another thread that covered this recently, it's a known problem. The thread offers up two solutions, one you apply patch and build your own portal core (I'm not a fan of this one) second is to go to docs and media and fix group folder perms. I'd search for that thread to get the exact details...
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 3089 Data de Entrada: 28/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Cyber Katze:
same problem in 6.2. GA3

if i add images by click on "insert image" in Editor and upload it on document folder , server show file only if i logged.. guest users see nothing...
to fix this i open "document & media" and copy URL to pics, by inserting images i put URL and not add a new image...

do u have any solution for this function, or do i do something wrong with it?

David is right. You can follow the problem and possible solutions here: https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/48320221