Fórum

importing existing Liferay Project to Eclipse

Jeffrey Jarin, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

importing existing Liferay Project to Eclipse

Junior Member Postagens: 30 Data de Entrada: 05/07/13 Postagens Recentes
Good Day,

I am trying to setup GIT to work with Liferay IDE bundled with Tomcat I have already installed the GIT plugin, and have my source code to my GIT account.

When I try to import my source code from my repository I was prompt that my Project is not inside "Project is not located inside Liferay Plugins SDK."

I tried configuring the project properties to point to the Liferay SDK but it not allowing me to configure it

I have tried the link configure SDK but when i select my Liferay Plugin SDK and click Ok its still empty

I also tried to read the http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Liferay+IDE+Importing+Existing+Projects but to no avail

Please see attached screenshot

Anyone has the same experience?

Im using liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2 bundelled with Tomcat

Thanks
Jeff
thumbnail
chirag @ India, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

RE: importing existing Liferay Project to Eclipse

Regular Member Postagens: 129 Data de Entrada: 21/12/11 Postagens Recentes
hi Jeffrey Jarin ,

First check out source code from repository & Copy your source code to liferay sdk -> portlet directory & then import from sdk in eclipse.

HTH
Chirag@India

Hi Chirag,

Thanks for the reply, but this would break the logic or having the Versioning control directly to Eclipse, once we have a change we could not sync to it unless we manually merge it by some merging tool.

I wanted to do something like you can right + click on the Eclipse project and sync/update whenever there is a new code update by the other developers, just like we are doing on our previous project(non-liferay project)

Hopefully we could have a workaround on this, or somebody have a better idea on this?

Thanks again

jeff
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
When you are checking out the project, you must uncheck the "Use default workspace location" checkbox in the "Check Out As" dialog. Instead you want to use your ${SDK}/${plugin type} directory as the location. So if your SDK is "c:\liferay\sdk" and your plugin is a portlet project named my-portlet, you'd use "c:\liferay\sdk\portlets\my-portlet" as the location.

This will check out your project from revision control into the appropriate place within the SDK directory, and all will be good.

Thanks David this is what i have suggest, but if we are creating multiple portlets the repository will add up more codes from the new portlets

my idea on the development we are currently doing is that, create service builder and reuse it and check in the codes as stand alone reusable service, then create a new portlet for page1 and check in the code, and to page2 and check in portlet codes and so on, do you think this is the right approach, I appreciate all your inputs and so as the others who answers

thanks in advance
-jeff
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
No, cuz you need the SDK in order to complete the builds (unless you're using maven, and that's a completely different animal)...

If another developer on my team wants to check out and build a portlet I've developed, they know they just check it out to their SDK/portlets directory and they can immediately do a build and deploy to their local Liferay development environment. They don't need a magic instruction booklet or need to use someone else's precompiled jars, they can build and deploy on their own.

Also works great for the automated build server; it too can process the project(s) by checking out to the SDK folder just like a developer would.

Yes, with every new project the repository grows... But that's what the repository is for, holding projects. I don't know of any developer on earth that would drop revision control (and all of the protections and conveniences it brings) in order to reduce the project count in the repository...