Fórum

portal-compat-hook missing ?

Siddarth Purandare, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

portal-compat-hook missing ?

New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 01/03/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I am using Liferay IDE 1.6.2 (JUNO) with Liferay 6.1.20 and any portlet i try to create and use using Plugins SDK 6.1.20, i get the following message ?

Has anybody encountered this ? Am i missing this portal-compat-hook ? I tried finding on Liferay site, i could not... i did find some source files from GitHub. Not sure how to proceed from here.

19:25:16,232 INFO [pool-2-thread-4][HotDeployEvent:109] Plugin <my-any-portlet> requires portal-compat-hook
19:25:16,498 INFO [pool-2-thread-4][HotDeployImpl:233] Queueing <my-any-portlet> for deploy because it is missing portal-compat-hook

Please advise further.

Thanks in advance,
Sid

RE: portal-compat-hook missing ?

Hi,

Just a small update on this.

I tried to download the source of this portal-compat-hook from GitHub. When i search through google i see it as part of "hooks" in liferay-plugin. When i try to pull it from the site, it does not show up.

Anything i am missing here ?

Thanks,
Sid
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1123 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
If you can download the source code and add it into the hooks directory of a plugins sdk, you should be able to run 'ant deploy' from the portal-compat-hook folder to deploy the war to the server.

Gregory Amerson:
If you can download the source code and add it into the hooks directory of a plugins sdk, you should be able to run 'ant deploy' from the portal-compat-hook folder to deploy the war to the server.

Hi Greg,

That is the problem. I am not able to find/download the source code for portal-compat-hook. I am seeing the links for the source code on this URL.

https://github.com/liferay/liferay-plugins/pull/64/files#diff-147

but when i try to pull it through Eclipse/Github source settings i have setup. I am not able to find it.

Can you direct me further ?

Thanks,
Sid
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1123 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Hey Sid, try this: https://github.com/liferay/liferay-plugins/releases/tag/6.1.2-ga3

Then download the zip and it should have portal-compat-hook plugin inside.
thumbnail
Mariano Ruiz, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 10 Data de Entrada: 05/11/10 Postagens Recentes
Gregory Amerson:
Hey Sid, try this: https://github.com/liferay/liferay-plugins/releases/tag/6.1.2-ga3

Then download the zip and it should have portal-compat-hook plugin inside.

Thanks Gregory. I have the same problem.

But, what is this portal-compat-hook for? Why is not included in Liferay bundle if is necessary? At least a .war link in Download section will be helpful.
thumbnail
Ramkumar Chandran, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 28 Data de Entrada: 15/11/11 Postagens Recentes
Aalap Desai, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 14 Data de Entrada: 16/09/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi Siddarth,

I have deleted a folder compact-hook from web-apps folder of tomcat. Thats why I was not able to deploy custom portlets. For this I have copy compact-hook from fresh portal/web-apps/ and I have Put in in the webapps folder of the tomcat. It works for me.

Regards,
Aalap Desai.
Jerry Pan, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 29/09/13 Postagens Recentes
Siddarth Purandare:
Hi,

I am using Liferay IDE 1.6.2 (JUNO) with Liferay 6.1.20 and any portlet i try to create and use using Plugins SDK 6.1.20, i get the following message ?

Has anybody encountered this ? Am i missing this portal-compat-hook ? I tried finding on Liferay site, i could not... i did find some source files from GitHub. Not sure how to proceed from here.

19:25:16,232 INFO [pool-2-thread-4][HotDeployEvent:109] Plugin <my-any-portlet> requires portal-compat-hook
19:25:16,498 INFO [pool-2-thread-4][HotDeployImpl:233] Queueing <my-any-portlet> for deploy because it is missing portal-compat-hook

Please advise further.

Thanks in advance,
Sid

May be inconsistent versions.Ensure that SDK and portal are the same version.