Fórum

Web Content 'Home' Location

Tim Cardwell, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Web Content 'Home' Location

Junior Member Postagens: 29 Data de Entrada: 19/07/12 Postagens Recentes
Background: I have Web Content throughout my portal being displayed with various asset publishers on various pages. As a quick example, let's say I have some Web Content dealing with cars, then that content is being displayed on an asset publisher on the cars site. I could also have some web content relating to houses, and that content will be sitting on an asset publisher in a site relating to houses.
I also have an external search application that uses Solr to index and search my liferay portal.

My Question: When web content is returned in my external application, I want the user to be able to click on the result and be redirected to the site and page where that web content is being displayed. How can I figure out all sites and asset publishers the returned web content is being displayed on? Is there a JSON web service available such that, given some information about the web content (groupId, companyId, etc...) it will return me everywhere on the site it is being displayed?

Thanks,
-Tim
thumbnail
Zsigmond Rab, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

RE: Web Content 'Home' Location

Liferay Master Postagens: 728 Data de Entrada: 05/01/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi Tim,

what is not clear, in which portlet your external web contents are shown? Web Content Display? If so, the JournalContentSearch API can help you. If not, you could implement something similar.

Regards,
Zsigmond
thumbnail
Christoph Rabel, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1554 Data de Entrada: 24/09/09 Postagens Recentes
Webcontent doesn't usually have a "Home" Location, but you can set a default display page.
(When you edit it, Select a "Display Page". Note: You need to have an asset publisher on that page configured as "Default Asset Publisher").

If you configure all assetpublishers "View in a specific portlet" and set default display pages, you should get stable links to each webcontent.
Tim Cardwell, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 29 Data de Entrada: 19/07/12 Postagens Recentes
Thanks for both of your responses.

We decided to have a hidden page for each site that has an Asset Publisher on it. Then we hooked into the Journal Article Post Processor to add a 'friendlyUrl' in the index that linked to that hidden page. This way, in our external search interface, when a user clicks on the search result it brings them to the correct site and shows them their article.

Thanks,
-Tim

P.S. - Sorry for the late response