Fórum

Theme deploying locally fine on localhost but remote application requires..

Rob Silver, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

Theme deploying locally fine on localhost but remote application requires..

Junior Member Postagens: 47 Data de Entrada: 20/06/13 Postagens Recentes
On two 6.1.1 servers Deploying locally occurs fine on a windows 7 box but on the remote unix box although the Velocity vm files are updated as well as the css files I still appear to need to clear the tomcat/work/Catalina and tomcat/temp folder after a shutdown, folder clearing , startup tomcat server

I find it odd. This is the community version in both cases so I am surprised that they behave so differently. Has anyone seen this as well and is there a better way than having to do this late at night to avoid shutting down and restarting tomcat servers. Does this also happen with Glassfish, Jboss or Weblogic servers?

Has anyone seen a difference in the new 6.2 which would make it more advantageous to use? I have not yet tried that server yet. Has anyone got any additional feedback regarding the deployment of themes in this way.
Also I had always thought the only the _diffs files are updated but when I take a closer look both files appear to be getting updated. Any Idea why that may be?
Is that normal? e.g If I update the portal_normal.vm in _diffs it also updates on the end server the templates folder directly. Why might that be and is that normal?