Fórum

Admin approval for blogs, message board, events, document, images etc.

thumbnail
Anand Abhyankar, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Admin approval for blogs, message board, events, document, images etc.

Junior Member Postagens: 57 Data de Entrada: 26/03/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

Similar to web-content approval system, It will be useful to have approval functionality for blogs, message boards, events, document upload, image upload etc, that is for any type of content and upload.

In Liferay 5.2.2 (this is the version I am using right now), user can create web-content and some other user will approve the web-content.
Like this, can we have functionality as :-
one user may create/upload the content (blogs, events, images etc.) and some other user (admin) will approve this content. Then only that content will get published and can be put on site.

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: Admin approval for blogs, message board, events, document, images etc.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6403 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
I don't see the point with applying the approval process to blogs and message boards - They are clearly structured and have the name of the poster aside, so I'm always arguing that they are personal communication and the author has to cope with consequences should they post stuff that's against any policy.

IMHO the value in Blogs is "personal communication", and I couldn't guess the response time of a moderated message board. There might be a case for message boards, where usually a wide variety of people are allowed to post, but I'd give blog access to people that I talked to and who understand what policy is valid for the site.

If you need the approval process, just go with WebContent and use the asset publisher. This way you can simulate a blog with WebContent, but without the automatic display of the author and aggregations per author etc. You can even create RSS feeds for this content.
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2034 Data de Entrada: 05/03/09 Postagens Recentes
I would say that if your site is very large, that's a really onerous task for someone to have to take on - reading every single forum post, blog post, uploaded document, etc. and also looking at every single uploaded photo. BLECH! Talk about wanting to leap off something. That would surely do it. I don't think that you want to do that. Forums already have a moderator function. Restrict access to calendars to those that need it and post an AUP about blogs, documents, images, etc.

Deal with it administratively instead of scanning everything.
thumbnail
Mickey Fox, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 60 Data de Entrada: 15/07/09 Postagens Recentes
While I understand Lisa's point, I do like the idea of having the ability to hold publication pending approval. That being said, I would probably like it better if it could be turned off or on for each individual community - that is, the blog for community #1 could be open (requiring no approval) where the blog for community #2 might require approval...