Fórum

IDE plugin and MyEclipse

thumbnail
Pete Helgren, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

IDE plugin and MyEclipse

Regular Member Postagens: 225 Data de Entrada: 07/04/11 Postagens Recentes
I am cross posting here but I have been corresponding with the MyEclipse developers as well. That post should be here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-30292-sid-4f46afe5d75a1d5cf72ddf9350ab734e.html. If not, go to the MyEclipse Support forum and search for "Liferay IDE issues in ME 2014".

The basics are that there are some incompatibilities between MyEclipse and LR IDE plugin. Only the 1.6.2 version will install (a Sapphire incompatibility exists with 2.1) and when I do have it installed, I can no longer get the migrated LR projects to build. What follows is the most relevant part of the post (but reading the whole thing wouldn't hurt):

"There have been no changes to the Liferay SDK installations. Both the SDK and the Tomcat installations are exactly the same. In fact, the workspace in ME10 still references those SDK's/Tomcat install and all is well with them.

I have installed the 1.6.2 version of the Liferay IDE plugin.

In this second installation (since I removed the earlier one inadvertently) I installed from the myeclipse-pro-2014-GA-offline-installer-windows.exe file downloaded from your site. When that install completed, I installed the Liferay IDE from the sourceforge site (as an archive - liferay-ide-eclipse-updatesite-1.6.2.zip ) I restarted ME after the plugin installed. I created a test portlet in a new workspace and all is well so I switched back to the workspace that had the migrated projects in it and none of those project will build or deploy. New projects are fine, existing projects that were migrated are the problem.

The only thing I noticed is that the migrated source has multiple project errors. Most notably, it can't seem to locate the package com.liferay.util.service which would indicate a build path issue. Yet, I see no errors in the build path settings in the migrated projects. The new projects I create have a library included called "Liferay Portlet Plugin API". In the migrated projects I do not see this library listed, I only see an entry of "com.liferay.ide.eclipse.server.plugin.container/portlet". When I remove this entry and select the "Liferay Portlet Plugin API" library entry it returns the same reference as before - "com.liferay.ide.eclipse.server.plugin.container/portlet" rather than the Library.

Not sure what is going on. Somehow the migration is not bringing something across correctly. I will post over at the LR forum but I am going to guess that they will say it is a migration issue with ME2014 and you folks will say that it is an issue with the Liferay IDE plugin.... "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to try to install the GF and Tomcat bundles in a different location and see if I can import the projects. I suspect that there is some issue with the SDK / server bundles (it has always been weird that I cannot create a Liferay Portal runtime for Glassfish instead I have one for Tomcat but build the projects located in the Portal SDK in the GF instance)... I think that is where the issue is but I can't be sure.

Suggestions?
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

RE: IDE plugin and MyEclipse

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1123 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
The problem is with the conflicting sapphire libraries. The only way to move forward is for Liferay IDE and MyEclipse 2xxx to be synced up on the same sapphire version. OR the features that require sapphire could be extracted into their own feature and those could be selectively installed/uninstalled accordingly.

Right now there is no planned timeframe for these to be implemented ( regarding splitting out sapphire based features ).
thumbnail
Dave Weitzel, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 208 Data de Entrada: 18/11/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi Greg
Is this still the case (6 months after the initial thread was started)?

It seems my new organization is moving from IBM RAD to myEclipse and would be great if we could just slot in on that corporate move rather than explaining and getting permission to run the OpenSource equivalent.

At least it seems they may be going it for code control

It will be 6.2 EE and latest SDK's if that has any influence.

Dave
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1123 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Hey Dave,

There has been no movement on this so far. However, Bob Dietrich in this forum reports that he was able to install the latest MyEclipse 2015 CI with latest IDE. https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/25054640