Fórum

Multiple Site Login Query

stephen munro, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Multiple Site Login Query

New Member Postagens: 16 Data de Entrada: 06/06/14 Postagens Recentes
Hello,
I'm having a small problem with a technical requirement I have given for a multi-liferay site setup.

I have been asked to create two liferay sites (which will have the same user accounts tied to them). In front of those sites, I am to have a landing page, which will contain two links pointing to those sites. The idea is that when I go to the landing, page, I am asked to login and the two links will be visible and with those login details, I will be able to access both sites without having to login again.

The way I've done this currently is to setup 1 site with nothing but a login page, which displays two links to the other two sites upon login in. When attempting to go directly to the other two sites without logging in, I should be redirected back to the dummy site with the login page.

Am I over complicating this and/or is this the "liferay way" to achieve the above?

Stephen
thumbnail
Pier Paolo Ramon, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

R: Multiple Site Login Query

Junior Member Postagens: 90 Data de Entrada: 25/05/10 Postagens Recentes
The two sites should probably be implemented with private pages only. That way when a guest tries to access a page of the site it will be redirected to a login page (no need to place the login portlet on the page). Once logged in the user will be automatically redirected to the original page and site.

Sent from my iPhone with Liferay.com Forums
stephen munro, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: R: Multiple Site Login Query

New Member Postagens: 16 Data de Entrada: 06/06/14 Postagens Recentes
Hello Pier,

That sounds correct, but am I able to use a separate site with a single page solely used to login to the other two sites? The examples I've seen seem to indicate the login page has to exist on the target site and can't live on another. Is this incorrect?
thumbnail
Pier Paolo Ramon, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

R: Multiple Site Login Query

Junior Member Postagens: 90 Data de Entrada: 25/05/10 Postagens Recentes
If there's a public page (and you have one, that page with the links) that layoutset will be used to instantiate dynamically the login. So, yes emoticon

Sent from my iPhone with Liferay.com Forums