Fórum

[SOLVED] DefaultIdGenerator problem on startup L 5.2.3

thumbnail
nicolas saubi, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

[SOLVED] DefaultIdGenerator problem on startup L 5.2.3

Junior Member Postagens: 43 Data de Entrada: 28/10/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

we're actually upgrading 2 portlets (which were already working) : 1 theme-portlet and 1 portlet.

As of we have css issues when hot deploying, we usually shutdown server, clean work + temp directories, remove the portlets we want to re-deploy from /webapps, then start the server, wait for finish, and finally throw the .war files in the /deploy directory.

Everything works fine everytime... but not today.
My .war files stays in the /deploy directory. Nothing happens in logs (those .war are not blacklisted due to non proper previous deployments). When I try to access my home page I've got this log :

http://pastebin.com/dEgmynMH

I was updating our test server for another test run, so everyone is waiting for this server to work now.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks !
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: DefaultIdGenerator problem on startup L 5.2.3

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2416 Data de Entrada: 22/12/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi Nicolas,

Two things I would try.

1. Undeploy the plugins while the server is running. There is unregister code that does run so I personally always try to hot undeploy. Once that is done then I do the clear work/temp folders.

2. If you are on a *IX OS (Linux for example) check the deploy folder. If the files are there and simply not being copied out to the webapps folder then it might be a permissions issue. I know in the past I have had scenarios where after copying the files to /deploy I had to chown the files to make sure that Liferay was a allowed to pick them up. If you have to do this then make sure the owner:group is the same as the owner:group of the /webapps directory.
thumbnail
nicolas saubi, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: DefaultIdGenerator problem on startup L 5.2.3 (Resposta)

Junior Member Postagens: 43 Data de Entrada: 28/10/09 Postagens Recentes
Thanks for the reply Andew.

Actually the problem was somewhere else, as our network support team had changed our DNS servers, and did not report the changes to our test server (so jboss and tomcat were lost).

All is fine again, hourray !