Fórum

There were a mass amount of UI changes between 6.0 to 6.2 - how do we manag

Meghan Erickson, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

There were a mass amount of UI changes between 6.0 to 6.2 - how do we manag

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 04/03/14 Postagens Recentes
Hello,

There was a massive amount of invasive UI changes between 6.0 to 6.2. These changes override much of our custom CSS - disrupting the overall look and feel of our website. We can't be the first ones who've gone through this. Is there an easier way to do this without refactoring all of our client-side code?

Basic Details:
During our upgrade, we first built our theme off of classic parent, which severely disrupted our site's CSS. So then we tried building our theme based off of _unstyled parent, which caused the dockbar and the left-side admin-panel to not function and not appear properly. Without this we cannot carry out all of the administrative functions we need to (such as adding a portlet to a page.)
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: There were a mass amount of UI changes between 6.0 to 6.2 - how do we m

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
You want to start your theme from _unstyled if you plan on supplying style to every class. You can use _styled if you'd like to use some basic styling.

You never, ever want to start from classic. Classic is there pretty much just for a classic theme, but it is not meant to be a platform to build themes from.
thumbnail
Byrån Zaugg, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 252 Data de Entrada: 06/04/12 Postagens Recentes
Meghan Erickson:
Is there an easier way to do this without refactoring all of our client-side code?

Try using the AlloyUI 2.0 / Bootstrap Migration and AUI Upgrade Tool
thumbnail
M J, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 184 Data de Entrada: 01/03/13 Postagens Recentes
Start creating your theme from scratch in Liferay 6.2 based on classic style. This way, you can have a decent theme with and without the dockbar. I have built one like that and it works with and without the dockbar. Upgrading would be a pain in the rear end, it simply DOESN'T work!
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 978 Data de Entrada: 03/01/10 Postagens Recentes
I'm with MJ on this one, on v6.2 I also have been starting 'from scratch' starting with classic, velocity ; where after creating the theme, I copy the following in : ROOT/html/themes/classic/_diffs ; then carrying on to restyle it as needed