Fórum

liferay.home /data and /logs

thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

liferay.home /data and /logs

Liferay Master Postagens: 978 Data de Entrada: 03/01/10 Postagens Recentes
with Studio 2.0*-ga1 at c:\liferay\liferay-developer-studio-ga1:

I have switched workspaces to c:\liferay\clientname\workspace_62ce and created a new server which is at c:\liferay\clientname\liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2

when I start the server in Eclipse, the following folder is created c:\liferay\liferay-developer-studio-ga1\DeveloperStudio\liferayclientnameliferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2 which has only /data and /logs in it ; I don't understand why this folder is being created ; liferay.home is set to c:\liferay\clientname\liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2

ideas?
thumbnail

RE: liferay.home /data and /logs

looks like portal-setup-wizard.properties had single slashes and not double after setup of CE 6.2 GA2

after initial setup:
liferay.home=C:\liferay\clientname\liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2

fixed by:
liferay.home=C:\\liferay\\clientname\\liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2

so /data is now at the correct place, but I am still trying to figure out why the following folder gets created at server startup

C:\liferay\liferay-developer-studio-ga1\DeveloperStudio\liferayclientnameliferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2\logs
thumbnail
Kamesh Sampath, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 9 Data de Entrada: 04/07/14 Postagens Recentes
if you opt for the Liferay EE installation along with your Liferay Dev studio installation then the $LIFERAY_HOME will by default point to $DEV_STUDIO_HOME/liferay-portal-${version}/, and ideally when you start the preconfigured Liferay Server from the DevStudio it will create the data,deploy, license, patching-tool all relative to the $LIFERAY_HOME
thumbnail

Kamesh is Liferay Staff now. Congrats.
thumbnail

Kamesh Sampath:
if you opt for the Liferay EE installation along with your Liferay Dev studio installation then the $LIFERAY_HOME will by default point to $DEV_STUDIO_HOME/liferay-portal-${version}/, and ideally when you start the preconfigured Liferay Server from the DevStudio it will create the data,deploy, license, patching-tool all relative to the $LIFERAY_HOME

Hi Kamesh,

yes, I have an EE that is at the path you give. I also am using the same Studio (Version 2.0.0*ga1) to dev for a CE install which is at c:\liferay\clientname\liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2 ; as my post above I noted the portal-setup-wizard.properties incurred single backslashes instead of double after install which is incorrect for a Windows install

Thanks
thumbnail
Kamesh Sampath, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 9 Data de Entrada: 04/07/14 Postagens Recentes
Ah, I see that. can you please file a ticket for your findings we shall have it fixed, in next releases.