Fórum

Location of sites and pages on drive

Shreyas Kamthe, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Location of sites and pages on drive

Junior Member Postagens: 58 Data de Entrada: 09/06/14 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

Can anybody tell me where are the pages and sites located on the drive that the user creates ?
I am seraching the whole folder of Liferay and still i am unable to find the location path of sites and pages
that are created by me.

Please help me.
Oliver Bayer, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: Location of sites and pages on drive

Liferay Master Postagens: 894 Data de Entrada: 18/02/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi Shreyas,

this search would last forever because they are stored inside the database set in the properties emoticon. Websites like e.g. guest itself are stored in the group table and the pages itself are stored in the layout table (connected via the groupid column to websites).

HTH Oli

Hi Oliver,

Thanks a lot for replying.
Can you tell me how do i edit the pages of the site that i own ?
I mean is it possible to change the code of the page or write any code in it ?

Please do reply
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
OMG. This is not the web server of 1995 where all files were stored in the file system and displayed back on demand.

This is a completely dynamic system where the concept of a 'page' and a 'site' are completely virtual and do not exist in any real sense anywhere. At runtime Liferay accesses the database and the local indices and repositories to construct on the fly the complete 'page' or 'site' to stream back to the browser for display.

Even if you could get to a particular part either in the database or the filesystem or the repository, you cannot and should not change it directly because it has a high probability of breaking the Liferay system in the process.

So if you're not equipped to understand how Liferay constructs a page for rendering, you're certainly not equipped to fix Liferay after you've broken it in this manner.
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1902 Data de Entrada: 10/03/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi Shreyas,

If you're trying to change how the site looks, you should use a theme. If you're trying to change how one of the portlet works, you should use a hook. It all depends on what type of change you want to make.

Hi David and Samuel,

Thanks for explaining me how Liferay constructs pages and how you can change it.
My concern is actually that i wanted to check the pages on a mobile simulator but the simulators online do
not have access to the local page. Also i tried it on ipadpeek.com but still it won't access the localhost pages
of Liferay (in particular).
I have got the device detection portlet from marketplace and i have also set rules for my site.

So can you suggest me some way to do that ?
thumbnail

Sure, just hit the server. Rather than going to your fully qualified domain name (across the internet), hit the server using http://internalhost:8080/...

That will even work with a mobile device on a local wifi (as long as the server is available on the wifi).

You can complete all of your mobile testing before opening the site to the internet.

If that kind of thing won't work, you can open up a non-standard hole in your firewall, say port 26973, and throw your server on the net. Since it's a non-standard port it won't be seen by the net at large, yet you can still point an internet browser at http://myhost.com:26973/ and it will render the page. I've done this when I've had external testing groups that need to be able to hit the server before it goes live.

Hi Oliver,Samuel,David

I just have one doubt that i am able to find the pages of the portal and portlets already provided
by Liferay in the webapps/ROOT/html. Then why am i not able to see the pages of the portal that i have created.

Can you just put a little light on the 'virtual site' and 'virtual pages' that you have mentioned above ?

Please do reply
thumbnail

Those are not pages, they are applications.

Pages that you create are completely virtual, they do not exist on the filesystem, but they are combinations of portlets and content (web content, docs & media, maybe blog posts or wiki pages), but they do not exist in the filesystem really at all.

The things you see in webapps/ROOT/html are the jsps for the implementations of the portal and all of the portlets, but they are not static content pages.

Hi David,

Thanks a lot David