Fórum

About ResourceCode Entity in Liferay 6.0

thumbnail
Muhammad Ghufron, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

About ResourceCode Entity in Liferay 6.0

New Member Postagens: 18 Data de Entrada: 08/08/14 Postagens Recentes
Hi All I'm newbie in Liferay, I have a question

I'm doing upgrade Liferay Portal 6.0 CE to 6.2 CE (using Oracle), but I have problem :

07:11:16,687 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1][MainServlet:209] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Permission conversion to algorithm 6 has not been completed. Please complete the conversion prior to starting the portal. The conversion process is available in portal versions starting with 5203 and prior to 6200.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Permission conversion to algorithm 6 has not been completed. Please complete the conversion prior to starting the portal. The conversion process is available in portal versions starting with 5203 and prior to 6200.
	at com.liferay.portal.tools.DBUpgrader._checkPermissionAlgorithm(DBUpgrader.java:297)

I found this same problem in https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/41656646

One of Liferay Staff (Alberto Chaparro) explain that

That error is shown because the resourceCode table isn't empty and that means that the algorithm conversion wasn't complete successfully. So, please, check the logs from the day you executed this process, fix them (maybe you will need to restore the database prior to do that) and repeat the process. This was the reason to pointed out the section Migrate to Algorithm 6 of the guide in my last post.

I just want to know what is ResourceCode table and when Liferay doing insert into ResourceCode table ? because I have doing experiment if I'm using fresh db, the ResourceCode entity doesn't exist, but in my dump file (from production server) ResourceCode table contains 5716 record, so that when ResourceCode table is created and inserted ?

Regards,
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: About ResourceCode Entity in Liferay 6.0

Liferay Master Postagens: 549 Data de Entrada: 25/04/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi Muhammad,

Muhammad Ghufron:

I just want to know what is ResourceCode table and when Liferay doing insert into ResourceCode table ? because I have doing experiment if I'm using fresh db, the ResourceCode entity doesn't exist, but in my dump file (from production server) ResourceCode table contains 5716 record, so that when ResourceCode table is created and inserted ?

The table resourceCode stores a key for every tuple composed by companyId + a resource type (image, web content, etc.) + an scope. ResourceCode is generated during startup if you use permission algorithm 5 and it's not longer necessary if you use permission algorithm 6. If your current production server contains records for ResourceCide table means:
1- You are using permission algorithm 5.
or
2- You performed a algorithm conversion process but it didn't finish sucessfully.

Regards.
thumbnail
Muhammad Ghufron, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: About ResourceCode Entity in Liferay 6.0

New Member Postagens: 18 Data de Entrada: 08/08/14 Postagens Recentes
Thanks Alberto,

Your explanation is very clear ...