Fórum

Related Content?

Marc Wilkenfeld, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Related Content?

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 17/09/09 Postagens Recentes
We see Related Content on the Document and Blog pages. What is related content and how do we add to it?

Also, there is a search box on the Documents page. What does it do? Apparently it does not search the documents.

Thanks.

Marc
Daniel Disisto, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: Related Content?

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 22/10/09 Postagens Recentes
I've found that by creating a hyperlink from a blog entry to a forum thread or vice-versa, it populates the linked item into the 'related content' area. Initial testing with linking to/from wiki articles and uploaded documents doesn't seem to have the same affect. One bug I've found with that is that when previewing a forum thread in the 'related content' panel, it appears as raw bbcode instead of being rendered as it should.

Regarding the search function (both global search & search within Documents section only), I've found that it actually does search within (at least) PDF, and plain text files with a .txt extension. I'm not sure what other formats this works with, but a .htm file for example doesn't seem to work, even though it's also just plain text.

Cheers,
Daniel
thumbnail
Ryan Park, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 120 Data de Entrada: 28/08/07 Postagens Recentes
Marc Wilkenfeld:
We see Related Content on the Document and Blog pages. What is related content and how do we add to it?

Also, there is a search box on the Documents page. What does it do? Apparently it does not search the documents.

Thanks.

Marc

Hi Marc,

I believe Related Content finds other items based on their tags. So the more you tag files, posts, etc. the more items that its likely to find.
Vinod V, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 31 Data de Entrada: 29/09/09 Postagens Recentes
Ryan Park:

Hi Marc,

I believe Related Content finds other items based on their tags. So the more you tag files, posts, etc. the more items that its likely to find.

Hi Ryan,

The related content shows up the original article as well which I think should be avoided. It should only display the content EXCLUDING the content currently being viewed