Fórum

Multiple Portal Instances

thumbnail
alphonso whitfield iii, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Multiple Portal Instances

New Member Postagens: 14 Data de Entrada: 27/06/11 Postagens Recentes
Using the 6.06 version I could set up multiple instances of Liferay for different domains, in Liferay 6.2 I can not do this , why ? I am not a developer but a site administrator.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: Multiple Portal Instances

Liferay Master Postagens: 978 Data de Entrada: 03/01/10 Postagens Recentes
alphonso whitfield iii:
Using the 6.06 version I could set up multiple instances of Liferay for different domains, in Liferay 6.2 I can not do this , why ? I am not a developer but a site administrator.

Hi Alphonso, did you really mean to write "multiple instances of Liferay" ? or rather is your goal to configure Liferay sites in one(1) Liferay v6.2 install to be at different domains (virtualhosts) ? for examples: www.domain1.com www.domain2.com etc.
thumbnail
Alphonso Whitfield, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Re: [Liferay Forums][1. Installation / Deployment / Setup] RE: Multiple Por

yes, portal instances as per the control panel in the 6.06 version see screen shot below

Showing 1 - 20 of 35 results.

Items per Page (Changing the value of this field will reload the page.)
Page (Changing the value of this field will reload the page.) of 2
First Previous Next Last Instance ID Web ID Virtual Host Mail Domain # of Users Max # of Users
1 liferay.com thevitalportal.com mail.vital-inet.com 119 Unlimited
21169 video.vital-inet.com video.vital-inet.com mail.video.vital-inet.com 2 4
21341 radio.vital-inet.com radio.vital-inet.com mail.radio.toolbox.com 1 4
thumbnail
Suraj Bihari, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 44 Data de Entrada: 20/12/13 Postagens Recentes
Hi Alphonso, if you are referring to the role 'Site Administrator', by default it doesn't have permissions to access the Server Administration in the Control Panel.

The (regular) role Administrator does. Obtaining this role you can access the Server Administration part of the Control Panel and set up multiple instances with different virtual hosts. Please see this link https://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.2/user-guide/-/ai/portal-instances-liferay-portal-6-2-user-guide-17-en

HTH!
Suraj
thumbnail
alphonso whitfield iii, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Suraj Bihari:
Hi Alphonso, if you are referring to the role 'Site Administrator', by default it doesn't have permissions to access the Server Administration in the Control Panel.

The (regular) role Administrator does. Obtaining this role you can access the Server Administration part of the Control Panel and set up multiple instances with different virtual hosts. Please see this link https://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.2/user-guide/-/ai/portal-instances-liferay-portal-6-2-user-guide-17-en

HTH!
Suraj

Hi thanks each of you for your replies, I am the overall administrator and it still did not work as per the user guide, for the 6.2 GA1 version of Liferay. My system administrator says there is a "bug" in this part of the software. Are you aware of any bug. If so how do we correct it. Or does the upgrade to version 6.2 GA2 take care of this problem. Please help getting desperate. Thanks.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
alphonso whitfield iii:
Does the upgrade to version 6.2 GA2 take care of this problem?

Doesn't matter - you should always upgrade to the latest version in the series you're using. GA1 has bugs, GA2 fixes them. By not using GA2, you are knowingly using a buggy version.

As to whether it is fixed in GA2, well JIRA will tell you that. I didn't see a JIRA ticket in the thread, so you'll probably have to do a search to find it, but once you're in, it will tell you what release it is fixed in.
Khoi Nguyen, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 8 Data de Entrada: 28/11/14 Postagens Recentes
I've set up a second portal instance. How the heck do i administer it? I can't even log in with the credentials from the first instance. This link https://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.2/user-guide/-/ai/portal-instances-liferay-portal-6-2-user-guide-17-en doesn't tell you much except setting it up. Doesn't tell you how to log in or how to administer other instances from the main instance.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
In 6.2 the "instances" are merely separate sites that are fronted by virtual hosts. You need the normal administrator role to administer the whole portal, or you could be just a site administrator that can admin the site.
thumbnail
Alphonso Whitfield, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Re: [Liferay Forums][1. Installation / Deployment / Setup] RE: Multiple Por

I appreciate your comments I am the Administrator for the 6.2 version of the Liferay instance I have discussed here. My apologies for not being more specific. Attached are screen shots of the issue I am having problems with.

Any assistance would be helpful .
thumbnail
Suraj Bihari, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

RE: Re: [Liferay Forums][1. Installation / Deployment / Setup] RE: Multiple

Junior Member Postagens: 44 Data de Entrada: 20/12/13 Postagens Recentes
Hi Alphonso,

A bit late reply. Did you find an answer to your problem?

I guess having 2 virtual hosts with both 'localhost' as as virtual host name would make the second virtual host name configuration invalid. emoticon

HTH!
Suraj