Fórum

Will Liferay support MSSQL2014

kar poh chong, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Will Liferay support MSSQL2014

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 26/08/14 Postagens Recentes
Hi Gurus,

Is there anyone tried Liferay with the new MS SQL 2014 yet? By the way when will Liferay officially support for MS SQL 2012, anyone have the road map for it?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: Will Liferay support MSSQL2014

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
It's not up to liferay. They use Hibernate, and it's a question of when Hibernate will support it. That said, I haven't had any issues w/ Liferay on 2012, but then I use the jtds driver which I think works a little better than the M$ default driver. I would guess that 2014 will work as well.
kar poh chong, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 26/08/14 Postagens Recentes
David H Nebinger:
It's not up to liferay. They use Hibernate, and it's a question of when Hibernate will support it. That said, I haven't had any issues w/ Liferay on 2012, but then I use the jtds driver which I think works a little better than the M$ default driver. I would guess that 2014 will work as well.

Noted with thanks.

I don't have the chance to test it in the MS SQL 2014 yet but not sure will Liferay take the advantages of "in memory OLTP" in MSSQL2014.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
probably not. I mean at the end of the day it's basically using vanilla JDBC so unless it's baked into the driver, it's not going to get used.