Fórum

User Self Registration to Site

Marshall Collins, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

User Self Registration to Site

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 11/09/14 Postagens Recentes
Is there an easy way to allow users to self-register into a site when creating their first account? I see that the "create account" portlet allows modification of the fields collected on registration, but I don't see if there's a way to allow a user to create an account and automatically be a member of that site they're trying to access.
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: User Self Registration to Site

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1228 Data de Entrada: 14/04/08 Postagens Recentes
That's part of portal.
Go to Control Panel > Portal Settings > Authentication
make a tick on 'Allow strangers to create accounts?'.

Once tick is made, SignIn portlet will show 'Create Account' link.

In order to make users to be members of several internal sites automatically:
Control Panel > Portal Settings > Users > Default User Associations
Marshall Collins, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 11/09/14 Postagens Recentes
Thanks- I went in to test it out and it looks like I probably didn't ask the right question (or two)
1) We have three sites set up in Liferay (site A, site B, site C). If a brand new user attempts to create an account from the site A page, how can they be manually added as a site member to site A, instead of just being a registered Liferay user?

2) If a user is a member of site A, and wants to become a member of site C, is there an easy way for them to join that site membership? I know that there is the site directory portlet that allows users to either request to join private sites, or join public sites, but was wondering if there is a different way to have the join as a site member.
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1228 Data de Entrada: 14/04/08 Postagens Recentes
For cases such as 1). there is no off-the-shelf solution, in our implementations we use online form (smartforms-based) which workflow depending on form selections creates user, adds membership and sends email to the user.

For cases like 2). you may modify Directory Portlet (using jsp hook) to display only data that you need.