Fórum

Where are liferay configurations saved when done from the UI

thumbnail
Bryan Wiggins, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Where are liferay configurations saved when done from the UI

New Member Postagens: 19 Data de Entrada: 24/03/14 Postagens Recentes
There are still aspects of Liferay that I'm reading about,

One question I have right now is where non-theme related Liferay configurations are saved and how to load them into Eclipse to view/modify?

For example, if you remove the the "welcome" portlet on the welcome screen, or if you add a new page, or do anything that is directly related to core, Liferay runtime features, like adding a new user, or adding or removing a portlet, are these stored somewhere in a database table, or XML configuration file, .properties file? Where is user login information stored?

Even when I remove all resources from my server/runtime modifications I do to Liferay are still preserved, my login still works, and portlets that I've added or removed are still there, but I have no programmatic or IDE way to confirm these changes. This information isn't represented in my Eclipse environment. I can go to the Liferay runtime directory and I see configuration and properties files. I'm assuming they're being saved somewhere here. (If so where can I read more about this)

It's not so important now, but as I'm developing features I'd imagine there are components of the framework I want to modify and load into the IDE just as if I were creating a new theme, or portlet.

I'm using Liferay 6.2, Eclipse 32 Kepler, with Liferay IDE.

Thanks,
thumbnail
Jitendra Rajput, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: Where are liferay configurations saved when done from the UI

Liferay Master Postagens: 875 Data de Entrada: 07/01/11 Postagens Recentes
What ever you configure i.e create page , add portlet , remove portlet , portlet configuration etc are getting stored in Database only.

Database you can configure from portal-ext.properties file . Check this wiki to know more on how configure database properties.

Here are answer to some of the question you raised.
if you add a new page,

- Whenever you add create page in liferay will add new entry in layout table.

if you remove the the "welcome" portlet on the welcome screen

- Again every page related configuration like layout applied on page , portlets placed on page are getting stored in layout table only.
- When ever you drag and drop any portlet to page liferay will update the layout table for the same. In typeSetting column of layout table you will see this information.

default-asset-publisher-portlet-id=101_INSTANCE_VJPRDdNzQQQb layout-template-id=2_columns_ii column-2=3,101_INSTANCE_VJPRDdNzQQQb, column-1=141_INSTANCE_4PKH2sbTAS0h,122_INSTANCE_EKxsC9XbbYFX,

adding a new user,

Liferay maintains all user related entries in user_ table. User information including user name and password (in encrypted form) are getting stored in user_ table.
thumbnail
Bryan Wiggins, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 19 Data de Entrada: 24/03/14 Postagens Recentes
Thank you for the response,

So then in order to view these tables and make changes you would need to manually configure the database connection, jdbc drivers, etc. in order to load them into an environment like Eclipse to view and modify the values.
thumbnail
Jitendra Rajput, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 875 Data de Entrada: 07/01/11 Postagens Recentes
I would suggest try to avoid direct changes in database . See if you can do the same from control panel or from other place.

i.e User details you can modify from control panel also no need to touch database for this.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14914 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Bryan Wiggins:
So then in order to view these tables and make changes you would need to manually configure the database connection, jdbc drivers, etc. in order to load them into an environment like Eclipse to view and modify the values.

Yeah, never ever do this...

Liferay does some funky stuff in their database, but as they sometimes point out, it is their database. They do a lot with indexing to reduce database hits, so playing with the database can invalidate the index. Also since the foreign keys are all logical (the foreign keys are there, but they are not enforced by the database), you can find yourself deleting or modifying a record easily yet it introduces unknown cascading issues that present themselves in odd and mysterious ways.

The only approved way to view/modify data is through the Liferay API. Fortunately there are API methods to get to all of the details that you are looking for.