Fórum

How to enable developer mode in Liferay 6.2 IDE "CE" edition

thumbnail
Bryan Wiggins, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

How to enable developer mode in Liferay 6.2 IDE "CE" edition

New Member Postagens: 19 Data de Entrada: 24/03/14 Postagens Recentes
How do I enable developer mode in Liferay 6.2 IDE "CE" edition?

I was following the steps here

But either these instructions are only for the paid EE studio version or I'm not finding the runtime server settings screen. I've looked in my runtime environment properties as well as the server properties in Eclipse but I'm not seeing the referenced option to enable developer mode.

I'm not able to find the "standard vs Development option" when I use the server creation wizard, which I tried a second time in case I missed it, or the "server mode" in an y runtime properties or settings screens. Is this only for the studo edition? Do I have to modify a .properties file instead. Again I'm using Liferay 6.2 with the tomcat bundle in Eclipse.

Using Developer Studio/IDE

For Liferay Portal servers of version 6.2 or greater, the Liferay settings section of the server runtime environment creation wizard lets you select either Standard or Development(portal-developer.properties) for the runtime’s Server Mode. The Standard server mode is selected by default. To enable Development Mode, select Development(portal-developer.properties) and save the runtime environment. The next time you start Liferay server that are based on this runtime environment, they start in Development Mode.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: How to enable developer mode in Liferay 6.2 IDE "CE" edition

Liferay Legend Postagens: 3089 Data de Entrada: 28/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi Bryan, as it isn't very clear, that documentation gives you a clue: "portal-developer.properties".

Just search for this file in the source code for your Liferay version, and copy/paste those properties into your portal-ext.properties.
thumbnail
Bryan Wiggins, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 19 Data de Entrada: 24/03/14 Postagens Recentes
Thank you,

This is the contents of portal-developer.properties:

theme.css.fast.load=false
theme.images.fast.load=false

javascript.fast.load=true
javascript.log.enabled=false

layout.template.cache.enabled=false

browser.launcher.url=

combo.check.timestamp=true

freemarker.engine.cache.storage=soft:1
freemarker.engine.resource.modification.check.interval=0

log.sanitizer.enabled=false

minifier.enabled=false

openoffice.cache.enabled=false

com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter=false
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.etag.ETagFilter=false
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.header.HeaderFilter=false
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.themepreview.ThemePreviewFilter=true
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1123 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Bryan Wiggins:
How do I enable developer mode in Liferay 6.2 IDE "CE" edition?

I was following the steps here

But either these instructions are only for the paid EE studio version or I'm not finding the runtime server settings screen. I've looked in my runtime environment properties as well as the server properties in Eclipse but I'm not seeing the referenced option to enable developer mode.

I'm not able to find the "standard vs Development option" when I use the server creation wizard, which I tried a second time in case I missed it, or the "server mode" in an y runtime properties or settings screens. Is this only for the studo edition? Do I have to modify a .properties file instead. Again I'm using Liferay 6.2 with the tomcat bundle in Eclipse.

Using Developer Studio/IDE

For Liferay Portal servers of version 6.2 or greater, the Liferay settings section of the server runtime environment creation wizard lets you select either Standard or Development(portal-developer.properties) for the runtime’s Server Mode. The Standard server mode is selected by default. To enable Development Mode, select Development(portal-developer.properties) and save the runtime environment. The next time you start Liferay server that are based on this runtime environment, they start in Development Mode.

Hey Bryan,

Sorry for the confusion. Prior to version 6.2, all liferay servers from Liferay IDE/DevStudio were automatically launched in developer mode (include-and-override=portal-developer.properties)

The reason in version 6.2 we changed things is because of the changes to the sass parsing in 6.2 always running the server in 'developer' mode was making many pages too slow to load. So we by default start the server in 'non developers' or 'standard' mode and the developers have to manually switch to developer mode if they need those features.

But for 6.1.x its always in developer mode.

Hope this helps!
OgbaOghene Ozoro, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 18 Data de Entrada: 19/03/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I had assumed from reading the Liferay Portal 6.2 Developer's Guide that there was a way to enable Development Mode from within the Liferay IDE. I believe that's the same thing Bryan is looking for, I have updated my version of Liferay IDE to the latest and I still cannot find this view.

thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1123 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
You should be able to see those settings by double-clicking the Liferay 6.2 server in the Servers view in eclipse, which will open a configuration editor that will give you those options.
OgbaOghene Ozoro, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 18 Data de Entrada: 19/03/12 Postagens Recentes
Thanks @Gregory, problem solved.
Tamas Fabian, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 18/12/14 Postagens Recentes
You could maybe add this information to the "Developer's Guide" as others (like me) might wonder about how to do this . emoticon
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
Tamas Fabian:
You could maybe add this information to the "Developer's Guide" as others (like me) might wonder about how to do this . emoticon

Done! It's super-easy to add stuff like this - just go to the page on the Liferay Developer Network that discusses Developer Mode and click the "Edit on Github" button emoticon