Fórum

LR 6.2 setup wizard does not change portal name

gordon daniels, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

LR 6.2 setup wizard does not change portal name

Liferay Master Postagens: 797 Data de Entrada: 24/08/08 Postagens Recentes
I have installed 6.2 about 30 times and every time I put a name for the portal besides Liferay. But after LR finishes configuring the install the portal it is always Liferay. I've never seen this behavior before and was wondering if anyone else has. Your input is greatly appreciated.

thanks
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: LR 6.2 setup wizard does not change portal name

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
I haven't seen it...

Nor would I recommend using the setup wizard anyway. Might be good for demo purposes, but for the little it gives you I think you're better off just setting up an appropriate portal-ext.properties file.

David: I normally set it up manually, but I have been testing 6.2 the last two weeks. So, I'm posting the things that are driving me crazy. Kinda like your posting on chat emoticon BTW, I have the same issues with chat.

thanks for the reply
thumbnail

Chat was driving me crazy, now it's not working at all... Not that I mind so much that it's not working as some contacts think I'm available for live support or something emoticon

Maybe one of these crazy things I might be able to help with, so keep em coming!

will do. thanks

I just find this so strange. I am using Ubuntu server and OpenJDK7. When creating a new install using the wizard, It always sets the portal name to Liferay. There are no errors in the logs. In fact this last install was the cleanest I have ever seen the logs. Could it be OpenJDK7? Should I use Oracle's jdk? Just throwing some ideas out there.

I did create a portal-ext.properties file on one install but the same thing happens. I have never seen this in 6.1 but everytime I install 6.2 this happens.

Ahhh. Its a bug that has been reported. There is a fix but I need to search and find out where patches are located.

thanks
thumbnail

Yes you should always use the oracle jdk. It's the only one (I believe) that Liferay does any testing with. So even though it's not connected with your bug, it's still better to stay with the oracle one.

thanks