Fórum

Editing the interfaces of a created page in liferay

thumbnail
Vishnu Mohan, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Editing the interfaces of a created page in liferay

New Member Postagens: 19 Data de Entrada: 14/10/14 Postagens Recentes
How can we edit the interfaces of a created page in liferay.. not the case of added portlets.
is it possible to make changes in the interface by editing the navigation template??
thumbnail
Malhar Shah, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: Editing the interfaces of a created page in liferay

Junior Member Postagens: 41 Data de Entrada: 17/08/14 Postagens Recentes
Yes you can extend the liferay functionality by using Hooks and Ext plugins is liferay. Check below links.
HOOKS
EXT

Remember Hooks are preferred over Ext due to major advantages like hot deployment and others.
thumbnail

i have only just started learning liferay... so, i want to know about liferay hook configuration and what all changes are needed in liferay-hook.xml and liferayplugin-package.properties?
thumbnail
Malhar Shah, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 41 Data de Entrada: 17/08/14 Postagens Recentes
Please go through links I provided for Hooks and Ext. They are they tutorials which will make your doubts clear.
After going through if you still have questions do let me know.
thumbnail

Can you explain what is this "Language_en.properties".? How we override this property file and what about the folder path of this property file?
thumbnail
Tina Agrawal, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 297 Data de Entrada: 03/01/08 Postagens Recentes
What do you mean by changing the interface of created portlet?

Tina
thumbnail

I mean the interfaces of created pages.. not the portlets. now i made some changes in my page by overriding the navigation template.
thumbnail
Dave Weitzel, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 208 Data de Entrada: 18/11/09 Postagens Recentes
So is everything OK now?
I think from what you have said so far you have created a UI-hook that changes the navigation portlets view.jsp so you have a different view (although most changes to navigation are done with styles as the main view is pretty basic looping around the site structure providing nested pages.).

You asked about Language_en.properties that is the main English language file (Language.properties is the US English default language file.)

You don't edit it so you don't need to know its location

You use a hook to either overwrite specific keys or to add your own keys for text strings you have added to your jsp files.

The same hook as the UI changes can be used - it is easiest to use the IDE , right click on your Hook project select NEW > Liferay Hook Configuration > select he last option - Language Properties and follow the wizard.

Overwriting a value will changes its display everywhere that key is used, so sometimes you need to change the jsp file and change the key to your own if you think you need to only change one instance of the text string.

All of this is done in a hook.