Fórum

Eclipse Liferay IDE erases all changes to js files. Why?

Gerardo Flores Barrie, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Eclipse Liferay IDE erases all changes to js files. Why?

New Member Postagens: 19 Data de Entrada: 12/11/13 Postagens Recentes
Hi, team. I'm having a strange problem with the Liferay IDE editor. I can't edit any of my javascript files in the diffs folder. Whenever I make a change and run any ant task like deploy or all, etc. The IDE refreshes the file and undoes any changes I made. This is happening to me only with the js files in the js folder of the theme I'm building. I'm quite desperate and annoyed now, has somebody had this or similar problem before?

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: Eclipse Liferay IDE erases all changes to js files. Why?

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Just to verify, you are editing only the files inside of the diffs folder, right? Any files outside of the diffs file will be overwritten during builds.
Gerardo Flores Barrie, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 19 Data de Entrada: 12/11/13 Postagens Recentes
Hi, David and thanks for your reply. Yes, the js files I'm editing are all in the diffs folder, so I don't see what the problem is.
Regards
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6403 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
Make extra extra extra sure that you're indeed working on the files in your docroot/_diffs folder. Check the file's properties for their location, so that you don't get tricked by the tree-view of eclipse's project editor. The build process copies the original (_styled and _unstyled base theme's) files into your docroot/js etc. and then copies docroot/_diffs/js/* on top of it.

I've lost numerous edits because I didn't pay attention to those details. Sometimes it was just both files being opened at the same time. You won't see builds in the logs, IDE does that under the hood and just overwrites your target directory (docroot/js etc) silently