Fórum

ldap setup, controlpanel, version 6.2 CE, ga2

Jan Agermose, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

ldap setup, controlpanel, version 6.2 CE, ga2

Junior Member Postagens: 64 Data de Entrada: 09/04/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi

I wanted to see how LDAP and liferay work so I installed apache DS and downloaded and unpacked liferay 6.2 CE, ga2 - should be the newest as of this writing. I unzip the liferay package and start the portal server and install it in default settings - tried with and without sample data.

Then I login, go to the controlpanel, select auth settings, enable LDAP and press the ADD button - and it fails... No info. If I try to push the ADD button a 2. time it just redirects to the "portal setting" page and nothing happens.

do I need an older version of liferay?

RE: ldap setup, controlpanel, version 6.2 CE, ga2

tested 6.1ga3 - same issue
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2416 Data de Entrada: 22/12/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi Jan,

Can you check the log to see if there is a stacktrace? if there is can you share it here? Also, can you please let us know whihc bundle you are using?

full version of what I do:

unzip the lfieray download - 6.2CE edition2
change the 8080 to 80 port in server.xml
then start tomcat using the startup file (im running this on a fresh install of centos :

[root@ds liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2]# java -version
java version "1.7.0_71"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (rhel-2.5.3.2.el6_6-x86_64 u71-b14)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)

Then I go the portal page by IP address - using newest firefox.

I DONT change any of the default suggested values on the basic conf page - this includes using the defautl buildin DB.

it says it was ok, the config is stored and I can press the button to go to my portal. Agree to the terms and Im in after the password reminder.

So now I go to admin -> controlpanel -> portal settings.

Select Authentication and then LDAP. Here I select enable LDAP and press the "add button" - im now redirected to the front config page without anything. If I go the LDAP page again and select enable LDAP and save it saves this and lets me know that now its using the default LDAP settings. If I press "add" I get a error screen saying Portal Settings is temporarily unavailable.

This is the only time I get anything in the log file (the first lines are form the init of the sample data I think)

Dec 26, 2014 12:06:43 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
Loading file:/root/liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2/tomcat-7.0.42/temp/6-sync-web/WEB-INF/classes/service.properties
Loading file:/root/liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2/tomcat-7.0.42/temp/6-sync-web/WEB-INF/classes/service.properties
Dec 26, 2014 12:06:47 PM org.apache.shindig.config.JsonContainerConfig loadContainers
INFO: Loading resources from: containers/default/container.js
Dec 26, 2014 12:06:47 PM org.apache.shindig.config.JsonContainerConfig loadResources
INFO: Reading container config: containers/default/container.js
12:06:47,474 WARN [com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessExecutor-1][ProcessExecutor:547] Found corrupt leading log Loading jar: file:/root/liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2/tomcat-7.0.42/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/system.properties_ [Sanitized]
Dec 26, 2014 12:06:47 PM org.apache.shindig.gadgets.features.FeatureRegistry register
INFO: Loading resources from: res:features-extras/features.txt
Dec 26, 2014 12:06:47 PM org.apache.shindig.common.xml.XmlUtil <clinit>
INFO: Reusing document builders
Dec 26, 2014 12:06:48 PM org.apache.shindig.gadgets.features.FeatureRegistry register
INFO: Loading resources from: res:features/features.txt
Dec 26, 2014 12:06:49 PM org.apache.shindig.gadgets.servlet.CajaContentRewriter <init>
INFO: Cajoled cache createdorg.apache.shindig.common.cache.ehcache.EhConfiguredCache@4c501577
Dec 26, 2014 12:06:49 PM org.apache.shindig.gadgets.servlet.CajaContentRewriter <init>
INFO: Cajoled cache createdorg.apache.shindig.common.cache.ehcache.EhConfiguredCache@4c501577
Dec 26, 2014 12:06:49 PM org.apache.shindig.gadgets.oauth.OAuthModule$OAuthCrypterProvider <init>
INFO: Using random key for OAuth client-side state encryption
12:09:04,031 WARN [http-bio-80-exec-6][PortletRequestProcessor:157] This URL can only be invoked using POST: /group/control_panel/m anage?p_auth=1P8gwwIo&p_p_id=130&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=maximized&p_p_mode=view&_130_struts_action=%2Fportal_settings%2Fedit_comp any
12:09:04,044 ERROR [http-bio-80-exec-6][render_portlet_jsp:132] null
com.liferay.portal.security.auth.PrincipalException: /group/control_panel/manage?p_auth=1P8gwwIo&p_p_id=130&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_stat e=maximized&p_p_mode=view&_130_struts_action=%2Fportal_settings%2Fedit_company
at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.process(PortletRequestProcessor.java:162)
at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.processAction(StrutsPortlet.java:216)
at com.liferay.portlet.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:71)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:48)
at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java:618)
at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:649)
at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.processAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:312)
at com.liferay.portlet.PortletContainerImpl._doProcessAction(PortletContainerImpl.java:402)
at com.liferay.portlet.PortletContainerImpl.processAction(PortletContainerImpl.java:110)
at com.liferay.portlet.SecurityPortletContainerWrapper.processAction(SecurityPortletContainerWrapper.java:109)
at com.liferay.portlet.RestrictPortletContainerWrapper.processAction(RestrictPortletContainerWrapper.java:75)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletContainerUtil.processAction(PortletContainerUtil.java:115)
at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processLayout(LayoutAction.java:356)
at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.doExecute(LayoutAction.java:178)
at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.execute(LayoutAction.java:79)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortalRequestProcessor.process(PortalRequestProcessor.java:173)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2416 Data de Entrada: 22/12/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi Jan,

Thanks for the detailed information. PrincipleExceptions are usually the result of permission issues -- but based on the steps you have listed below I am not sure that would be the case. Some follow up questions (assuming the issue remains) --

1. Are all the file operations done using root?

2. Do you startup Liferay using the root user?

3. When you say you go to the page by IP Address, you mean that NIC address right? not the loopback?

Here I select enable LDAP and press the "add button" - im now redirected to the front config page without anything
-- by this you mean you go back to the portal-wizard page where it asks you to setup the name of the portal, user details, allows you to configure the database if you like etc.?

If #4 is the step I am asking about then can you go to your LIFERAY_HOME folder and validate that there is a file called portal-wizard.properties there?