Fórum

Custom user registration portlet

Dyrt Dancer, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Custom user registration portlet

Junior Member Postagens: 49 Data de Entrada: 29/01/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi!
I'm using Liferay 5.2.3 and Tomcat 6.0.24.
I've created my own portlet which purpose is to perform user registration. I wanted this portlet to be accessed from default login (or sign in) portlet. Documentation says, that I must change company.security.strangers.url property in portal-ext.properties file to the friendly url of the page, where my custom portlet is placed. I've changed this property in webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/portal-ext.properties file to /web/guest/test, created the "test" page, restarted Tomcat and see no changes: link "Create account" in default "Sign In" portlet still guides me to the default registration portlet, not to my page. I've set company.security.strangers.url=/test, restarted Tomcat again, but still no changes are made in "Sign In" portlet.
Settings from portal-ext.properties file are working, because if I change company.security.strangers property to false I will see (after Tomcat restart) that "Create Account" link has disappeared from "Sing In" portlet.
How I can change where the link "Create Account" in "Sign In" portlet guides to?

RE: Custom user registration portlet

Is this feature (changing company.security.strangers.url property in portal-ext.properties file) working?
thumbnail
MANUEL ANTONIO FERNANDEZ, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 10 Data de Entrada: 01/10/09 Postagens Recentes
I've the same issue. I'm thinking in modify the create account link in the ext environment

I cannot use ext-environment to change some properties or modify existing default portlets, I can only set this properties in Liferay configuration files or create my own portlet with PluginsSDK.
I think, this feature is not working and I can't change link "Create Account" in default "Sign In" portlet. So I had to create my own "Sign In" portlet. What a comfort, very rich set of features, which are not working and where you can stuck instead of making progress in your work...
thumbnail
Rick Osborn, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 16/08/11 Postagens Recentes
You didn't mention if you're using this or not. We've discovered a bug in using the Alfresco DocLib portlet and editing the "portal-ext.properties" file.
If you have the portlet deployed per it's instructions, any changes to "portal-ext.properties" will have no affect.

Dyrt Dancer:
Hi!
I'm using Liferay 5.2.3 and Tomcat 6.0.24.
I've created my own portlet which purpose is to perform user registration. I wanted this portlet to be accessed from default login (or sign in) portlet. Documentation says, that I must change company.security.strangers.url property in portal-ext.properties file to the friendly url of the page, where my custom portlet is placed. I've changed this property in webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/portal-ext.properties file to /web/guest/test, created the "test" page, restarted Tomcat and see no changes: link "Create account" in default "Sign In" portlet still guides me to the default registration portlet, not to my page. I've set company.security.strangers.url=/test, restarted Tomcat again, but still no changes are made in "Sign In" portlet.
Settings from portal-ext.properties file are working, because if I change company.security.strangers property to false I will see (after Tomcat restart) that "Create Account" link has disappeared from "Sing In" portlet.
How I can change where the link "Create Account" in "Sign In" portlet guides to?
Dyrt Dancer, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

No, I'm using regulat portlet, created with PluginsSDK.