Fórum

Liferay IDE Tomcat runtime environment error

Timo Kurowski, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay IDE Tomcat runtime environment error

Regular Member Postagens: 240 Data de Entrada: 24/06/13 Postagens Recentes
Hello,

i am trying to start a tomcat server with my liferay IDE, the server is bundled with Liferay 6.2.1 and yeah, well. I get an error setting up the runtime environment:
" Portal version not supported. Need at least 6.2.0 ".

That makes no sense at all, since it is bundled in 6.2.1, and everyone who can count knows 6.2.1 is actually higher than 6.2.0.

I am getting really frustrated here..
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay IDE Tomcat runtime environment error

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1123 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Hello Timo,

Sorry for your inconveinence. Can you tell us how to reproduce the error? Maybe some details about what file you downloaded, how you installed it or where. Also are there any errors in the eclipse error log that seem relevant? (Window > Show View > Error log...) Just paste the relevant errors here.

Thanks!

Hello Gregory,

I can see no errors in the error log regarding my problem. It is easy to reproduce (at least for me, that is):

I use Eclipse Kepler and the Liferay IDE from the download section. I installed it on my MacBook Pro with OSX 10.9.4 (Mavericks) in Users/shared/

When i type in/choose the path in server > runtime environments it gives me the error mentioned, i can not click on "next" or "finish". The path is 100% correct.

The Liferay version i try to use is 6.2 ga2, i got it from the download section when it was new.

Everything works fine with 6.2 ga3 though.
thumbnail

So 6.2.1.1 is not 6.2 ga2, that is just 6.2.1. Did you get 6.2.1.1 from the customer portal by any chance?

I am sorry, i think a typed one ".1" too much in my first post, i will edit that.
thumbnail

Hey Timo we have not had any other reports of a fault environment setup with 6.2.1. Perhaps it was a bad download? If you can give us more information on how to replicate your environment setup we can take a look. But usually that error happens when our eclipse plugin can't find the portal-impl.jar that is in the tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib folder. Which means either a bad installation or come other config issue (like wrong runtime location path added in Eclipse).

Hi Gregory,

i tried to download 6.2ga2 again and it seems to work now. It seems that there was something corrupted in my old download. Even though it still works if i start it up with the terminal/shell..

Since it works with eclipse IDE now, even though i'm interested why the old download didn't, i think i won't search for the reason.
thumbnail

Thanks for following up.