Fórum

Unable to Upgrade from LR 6.2 GA2 to LR 6.2 GA3

Sebastian Wikholm, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Unable to Upgrade from LR 6.2 GA2 to LR 6.2 GA3

Regular Member Postagens: 104 Data de Entrada: 10/03/11 Postagens Recentes
While trying to upgrade from LR 6.2 GA2 to LR 6.2 GA3 i get errors in the verifyprocess or verifyjournal at liferay startup. The errors can be found here:

http://pastebin.com/18wEBg1h

Does anyone have a solution for this, a reason for it or am i just going to have to use GA2?
thumbnail
Krzysztof Gołębiowski, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: Unable to Upgrade from LR 6.2 GA2 to LR 6.2 GA3

Liferay Master Postagens: 549 Data de Entrada: 25/06/11 Postagens Recentes
Hello Sebastian,
NPE is thrown at VerifyJournal.java#L90. It seems that content of (at least) one of your journal articles is missing its type attribute for dynamic-element. I would search for inproper articles in database manually or write simple groovy script that iterates through Web Contents and performs XML parsing in similar way to VerifyJournal.java.

Regards,
KG

Krzysztof Gołębiowski:
Hello Sebastian,
NPE is thrown at VerifyJournal.java#L90. It seems that content of (at least) one of your journal articles is missing its type attribute for dynamic-element. I would search for inproper articles in database manually or write simple groovy script that iterates through Web Contents and performs XML parsing in similar way to VerifyJournal.java.

Regards,
KG

Thanks for the reply, having trouble finding journalarticles with dynamic elements and missing type attributes... they all seem to have it..could it be that a document of a certain structure does not have a certain dynamic-element that is part of the structure? (There might be old articles that belong to a structure which has more dynamic elements that the old article has, ive bypassed the problem of missing elements with nullchecking them in the portlets which use the structure.. )
thumbnail

Hmm, haven't analyzed this code very carefully, but at first glance it seems there is something wrong with Web Content, not widt Document Library. Did you try to run a script that goes through all articles?

KG

Krzysztof Gołębiowski:
Hmm, haven't analyzed this code very carefully, but at first glance it seems there is something wrong with Web Content, not widt Document Library. Did you try to run a script that goes through all articles?

KG

Ok found out where the error in the data is:
In my structure ive got content of the type ddm-decimal, all of these do not have the type attribute. I am assuming that these should have the the type attribute set to 'type="ddm-decimal"', am i correct?

Krzysztof Gołębiowski:
Hello Sebastian,

Regards,
KG

One thing: all the old versions of journalarticles are also missing dynamic elements, because some where added along the way.. so if a completly missing dynamic-element might be the cause, this would just make it more or less impossible to upgrade all of them to have all the elements unless i delete all old versions

Krzysztof Gołębiowski:
Hello Sebastian,

Regards,
KG

Ok, more analysis: all date and ddm-decimal structure types are missing their type attributes, is this normal? One would assume that there might be more of these types which are missing the type attribute, hence verifyjournal should nullcheck?

EDIT: After setting the type attribute to all date and ddm-decimal structure datatypes the upgrade verification was successful.
thumbnail

I tested all structure types in GA3 and everything seems fine - each JournalArticle's XML have types set properly. There must have been either a bug in GA2 or something was wrong with your environment.

Anyway, I'm happy to hear that upgrade was finally successfull emoticon

KG