Fórum

Lost Page Edit options

thumbnail
Nick Burton, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Lost Page Edit options

Junior Member Postagens: 51 Data de Entrada: 13/07/14 Postagens Recentes
I was clicking on the URL language options.
After that the page edit option on the page would not load.

Log error as follows ...

20:38:21,853 ERROR [ajp-bio-8009-exec-10][IncludeTag:129] Current URL /welcome?p_p_id=145&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=exclusive&p_p_mode=view&_145_groupId=10181&_145_selPlid=10613&_145_struts_action=%2Fdockbar%2Fedit_layout_panel&_145_closeRedirect=http%3A%2F%2Fgroupgenius.co.uk%2Fwelcome generates exception: String index out of range: -1
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1875)
at org.apache.jsp.html.portlet.layouts_005fadmin.edit_005flayout_jsp._jspService(edit_005flayout_jsp.java:1941)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.DirectRequestDispatcher.include(DirectRequestDispatcher.java:57)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.ClassLoaderRequestDispatcherWrapper.doDispatch(ClassLoaderRequestDispatcherWrapper.java:78)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.ClassLoaderRequestDispatcherWrapper.include(ClassLoaderRequestDispatcherWrapper.java:53)
at com.liferay.taglib.util.IncludeTag.include(IncludeTag.java:295)
at com.liferay.taglib.util.IncludeTag.doInclude(IncludeTag.java:192)
at com.liferay.taglib.util.IncludeTag.doEndTag(IncludeTag.java:83)
at org.apache.jsp.html.portlet.dockbar.edit_005flayout_005fpanel_jsp._jspService(edit_005flayout_005fpanel_jsp.java:1248)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.DirectRequestDispatcher.include(DirectRequestDispatcher.java:57)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.ClassLoaderRequestDispatcherWrapper.doDispatch(ClassLoaderRequestDispatcherWrapper.java:78)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.ClassLoaderRequestDispatcherWrapper.include(ClassLoaderRequestDispatcherWrapper.java:53)
at com.liferay.taglib.util.IncludeTag.include(IncludeTag.java:295)
at com.liferay.taglib.util.IncludeTag.doInclude(IncludeTag.java:192)
at com.liferay.taglib.util.IncludeTag.doEndTag(IncludeTag.java:83)
at org.apache.jsp.html.common.themes.portlet_jsp._jspService(portlet_jsp.java:2266)[/indent]

I'm totally new to Liferay, please be gentle. emoticon
Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Nick
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: Lost Page Edit options

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14915 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Are you using an oracle JDK, 1.6 or 1.7?

I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but since I haven't seen anything like this before my initial guess is that it is environment-related.
thumbnail

It's Ubuntu OS with a Tomcat bundle hosted on AWS.

What I did was set English UK working.
Then I clicked on language options in the URL setting and hit save.
I don't think I made any changes to the URL, but might have done without noticing.

Page settings stopped working after that.

I can't understand what file the error log is pointing to.

???
Oliver Bayer, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 894 Data de Entrada: 18/02/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi Nick,

I don't know what is causing this exception but looking at the provided stacktrace I can give you at least some hints for debugging.

_145_struts_action=%2Fdockbar%2Fedit_layout_panel&_145_closeRedirect=http%3A%2F%2Fgroupgenius.co.uk%2Fwelcome generates exception: String index out of range: -1
at org.apache.jsp.html.portlet.layouts_005fadmin.edit_005flayout_jsp._jspService(edit_005flayout_jsp.java:1941)

I would start searching for the substring method which is causing this exception in the "html \ portlet \ layouts_admin \ edit_layout.jsp". Not sure what went wrong but the string isn't long enough to be able to call the substring. Maybe you can check from there on where the string is coming from (database etc) and fix it there.

HTH Oli
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
Oliver Bayer:
Hi Nick,

I don't know what is causing this exception but looking at the provided stacktrace I can give you at least some hints for debugging.

_145_struts_action=%2Fdockbar%2Fedit_layout_panel&_145_closeRedirect=http%3A%2F%2Fgroupgenius.co.uk%2Fwelcome generates exception: String index out of range: -1

I would start searching for the substring method which is causing this exception in the "html \ portlet \ layouts_admin \ edit_layout.jsp". Not sure what went wrong but the string isn't long enough to be able to call the substring. Maybe you can check from there on where the string is coming from (database etc) and fix it there.

HTH Oli

Hey all, this is a known issue that is fixed in 6.2 CE GA3 emoticon It's because the UI somehow allows you to create localized pages with empty friendlyUrls, which makes the substring call barf. There are workarounds listed in the bug report, but I'd highly recommend upgrading to 6.2 CE GA3 at a minimum.
thumbnail

James Falkner:
Oliver Bayer:
Hi Nick,

HTH Oli

Hey all, this is a known issue that is fixed in 6.2 CE GA3 emoticon It's because the UI somehow allows you to create localized pages with empty friendlyUrls, which makes the substring call barf. There are workarounds listed in the bug report, but I'd highly recommend upgrading to 6.2 CE GA3 at a minimum.

Brilliant. Thanks, James.
I will upgrade ASAP.

Thanks again.
thumbnail

java version "1.7.0_72"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_72-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.72-b04, mixed mode)