Fórum

LDAP Users can't access Structures and Templates from Global Site

Klaus Bachmaier, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

LDAP Users can't access Structures and Templates from Global Site

Regular Member Postagens: 223 Data de Entrada: 30/09/13 Postagens Recentes
I've set up a Liferay 6.2 SP8 Portal with several Sites, which should share the same Structures and Templates for Web-Content Articles. Therefore I've placed Structures and Templates in the "Global" Site. The Users of my Portal are mostly imported from an Active Directory (LDAP), and by Default associated with my main Site of the portal. Furthermore there are a couple of Users which where initially created only in Liferay, mainly for Testing Purposes.

Problem is, that when I create a Web-Content using the Structures & Templates from the Global Site only those Users which where created in Liferay can see the Articles in the Portal. The imported Users won't see these Articles, even if all Organisation- and Group-Memberships, as well as Roles are the same for both Kinds of Users. I really can't see any Difference in the Settings of the imported Users and the ones created initially in Liferay. I've already "opened" all Permissions on the Structures & Templates, so that even Guest Users have full Access to them, but still the imported Users can't see the Articles based on these Structures & Templates. Any Idea why this is so, or hints what I may check so that my LDAP Users may access Articles based on Structures from the "Global" Site?

RE: LDAP Users can't access Structures and Templates from Global Site

I have to correct myself: It's not only that imported Users can't see Web Articles, if they are based on Structures & Templates from the Global Site, but also if the Structures and Templates used are located in the same Site where the Article itself. This is the Site all imported Users are assigned to automatically during the import, as this Site is listed in the Default User Associations in the Portal Settings.

So If have to revise my Question: Why can't imported Users access any Web-Content based on Structures and Templates? Again: Read Permissions are granted to all available Roles for the Structures and Templates.

P.S: When I add an imported User to the Administrator or Site Administrator Role, he/she may create or edit Web-Content based on any Structure & Template he/she likes. But still this User may not access his own Articles in the Portal, other then through the Control Panel.
Mark Fitzgerald, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 108 Data de Entrada: 15/10/10 Postagens Recentes
Have you verified the permissions on the web content themselves, as well as the web content display instances on the web pages that imported users are trying to access?

Yes, my imported Users should be "Site Members" of the Site where I'm testing by default, an they can see Web-Content for "Site Members" in the same "Web-Content Display" Portlet , if this Content doesn't use Structures and Templates. As said before: All Structures and Templates are visible to everybody (even guest users), and there are no Folders for Web-Content or something which could prevent my imported users from seeing the Content.

It's as simple as this: I create a basic Web Content and put it on a Page -> User an see it. I assign a Structure to the same Content -> Content gets invisible to the user. I reassign "default" Structure -> Content is back again.
thumbnail
Sergio Romero, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 151 Data de Entrada: 14/04/08 Postagens Recentes
You've checked the permissions for the structure? Users have permission to See?
You have checked the log while performing the use case?

It is a strange case. I would make debug the source code.

Really it's not a Permission issue. Even if I grant Administrator Provilleges to my imported Users they won't see the Cont which uses Structures or Templates.

There shouldn't be anything special about an imported user. This sounds worthy of support ticket with Liferay.

For preparation in logging a ticket, I recommend creating a new portal using a fresh install of your version (6.2 SP8). Create a user (you), then import a user. Create a structure and template, then create web content. Try your test again (web content without the template, and web content with the template) and review your results. If you can reproduce your issue in a fresh install, it should be easier and quicker for Liferay and Tech Support to hone in on the cause.

For "fun", you might want to try this with an earlier service pack to see if the issue exists there, as well. It could help with the troubleshooting process.

Hi Mark,

your proposition was exactly what I did, with just one difference: I used a 6.2 SP8 Server for my fresh install, while the original Server is a 6.2 SP6 Server. By the way: When I setup (nearly) the same configuration locally on my Developer Machine everything works fine. On my PC even imported users may see content which uses Structures and templates. I can only reproduce the Problem on the customers live Server (also in a fresh Installation). The only Difference between my local Installation and the Customers Installation is that I use an Apache OpenAD Server as LDAP Server, while the Customer uses a Microsoft Active Directory (Windows Server 2003).

Since you are able to reproduce this with a fresh installation, it sounds like you have everything that you need to register a support ticket with Liferay. It would be interesting to note what version you have on your local PC. Is it SP6+, or is it a different version?

I'm using a 6.2 EE SP8 Server locally, as well as for my fresh installation on the customers server. Unfortunately the license of the customer doesn't include support by Liferay, so I can't open a Ticket in LESA.

Problem Solved:

Turned out that I mapped objectSid Attribute from Active Directory to uuid in Liferay. When I did the same with my local OpenAD Server that worked fine, but maybe because Microsoft Active Directory stores objectSid as Binary Attribute it was written in a wrong format to my MySQL DB. I had to delete all my imported users and clear the uuid mapping Field in the LDAP Connection Configuration. Afterwards all my imported users got new uuids generated by Liferay and everything worked fine.