Fórum

How do you generate short portelt id

giri reddy, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

How do you generate short portelt id

Junior Member Postagens: 61 Data de Entrada: 27/02/15 Postagens Recentes
I see my portlet id as the following.

p_p_id=EmployeeLoginPortlet_WAR_employeelogin55

How do I shorten or specify my own ID so that it will shorten other parameters. Appreciate your help.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: How do you generate short portelt id

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Yeah, I don't think you can shorten the name outside of renaming your war file and the portlet name in portlet.xml.
thumbnail
Ravi Kumar Gupta, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1302 Data de Entrada: 24/06/09 Postagens Recentes
Echo that.

But, you can give portlet a name like 1,2,3,... like liferay did for their own portlet or keep a short name.. Something like this..
<portlet-name>2</portlet-name>

Ravi Kumar Gupta:
Echo that.

But, you can give portlet a name like 1,2,3,... like liferay did for their own portlet or keep a short name.. Something like this..
<portlet-name>2</portlet-name>

I can shorten name in portlet.xml. I don't have idea why it is adding war file name also. Somehow out of the box portlets from Liferay does not have problem with added string for war name.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
giri reddy:
I don't have idea why it is adding war file name also. Somehow out of the box portlets from Liferay does not have problem with added string for war name.

What liferay does isn't the point. If you did create a portlet, say 53, without any prefix that portlet name would conflict with Liferay's. So Liferay prepends the war filename (stripped of invalid chars) to ensure there is no name conflict.

So if you changed your portlet project to build emplogin.war and portlet name of 1, you would get something like emplogin_WAR_1. You could get even shorter if you used a stupid name like a.war, but that won't be very maintenance friendly.

David H Nebinger:
giri reddy:
I don't have idea why it is adding war file name also. Somehow out of the box portlets from Liferay does not have problem with added string for war name.

What liferay does isn't the point. If you did create a portlet, say 53, without any prefix that portlet name would conflict with Liferay's. So Liferay prepends the war filename (stripped of invalid chars) to ensure there is no name conflict.

So if you changed your portlet project to build emplogin.war and portlet name of 1, you would get something like emplogin_WAR_1. You could get even shorter if you used a stupid name like a.war, but that won't be very maintenance friendly.

Thanks David. That perfectly makes sense. I will try to have short war name and portlet name